We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one? Riu Palace Meloneras or Riu Palace Maspalomas...

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands
Level Contributor
345 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which one? Riu Palace Meloneras or Riu Palace Maspalomas...

....Does anyone have any suggestions on how I choose between the two? I'm looking for a fairly quiet, relaxing holiday with my OH in January. I like the look of both hotels, and perhaps the location of the Meloneras looks nicer, but any comments/opinions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks very much.

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one? Riu Palace Meloneras or Riu Palace Maspalomas...

This is a hard choice. The RP Maspalomas in Playa del Inglés has a better view (it's an incredible panoramic vista of the dunes), but you have to walk a bit further back into PdI to find other restaurants etc. Which is not to say that it's in a bad location, as it's quiet. People I meet tend to speak very highly of it, and go back again and again. Rooms on upper floors have the best views.

The Meloneras hotel is slightly newer, and bang in the middle of the whole promenade development. There are lots of shops and restaurants within a few metres of it, and you can easily walk to the beach.

It's probably down to the toss of a coin and the deal you can get.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one? Riu Palace Meloneras or Riu Palace Maspalomas...

Agree with the previous post. Riu hotels are generally very good with an excellent standard of accommodation.

Midlands
Level Contributor
345 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one? Riu Palace Meloneras or Riu Palace Maspalomas...

Thanks for your replies - I ended up booking the Sheraton Salobre, as I managed to get a great deal there. Hubby and I both have jobs which have fried our brains a fair bit this year, and really just want to chill out and flop for a week or so! Hope I've made the right choice...!

Thanks again.

4. Re: Which one? Riu Palace Meloneras or Riu Palace Maspalomas...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas