We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather/rainfall in October

Braintree, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Weather/rainfall in October

I have checked the weather averages for October (we are thinking of visiting early October) and it says 8cm of rain over 10 days for the whole month. My question is it likely to be a whole day of drizzle like we would get at home or torrential rain for an hour and then the sun is back shining. Also if anyone is in the know would be better to stay further down the coast i.e. more Alicante direction for better weather?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,988 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather/rainfall in October

The further south you go the better is to get warmer weather but surprisingly Tossa can be glorious in October after the unsettled weather of the September equinox.

In many years there are weeks of wall to wall sunshine with temps in the 20's,but cool evenings. Many of the tourist shops and some restaurants close mid October but most restaurants are open in the evenings,especially sunny weekends for the Catalan weekenders and day trippers.

Some our best times in Tossa have been in October but ,like the UK,the weather is fickle....

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

Check the forecast links and webcam in the Top Questions links

Hope this helps

SS

2. Re: Weather/rainfall in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar
Recent Conversations