We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Hi, I know this topic has been posted about before, and it looks like the best option is to take the Sarfa bus from Estacio del Nord.

We're arriving at Barcelona Airport at 1:30 pm and want to see if we can make the 3 p.m. bus. It's cutting it close, but the next bus isn't until 6 p.m.

Unfortunately, it looks like you can't reserve seats online. Does anyone know if buses get booked quickly, or do they usually have open seats, even if you arrive close to departure?

Also, are there any other alternatives to get to Tossa de Mar from Barcelona, outside of renting a car?

Thanks!

Ronna

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Option travel from El Prat airport to Tossa de Mar

Train from the airport to Blanes changing trains at Barcelona Sants, then take the local bus Blanes to Tossa de Mar

renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

Edited: 8:30 pm, May 17, 2012
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Take care if booking transfers from Barcelona airport to Tossa - as from recent experience this can take a long time.

After waiting for the transport from the 'Black Horse' statue on pre-booked transfers it took the bus 4 hours 30 mins (dropping off at lots of hotels en-route) before we reached Tossa.

Return transfers can also be a nightmare - we were told on booking that we would be collected at 0810, only to find this amended to 0630 prior to returning home. Great if you like an early start - but not if you only fly at 1240.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

nuri,, am I blind and missing a icon ,, but that site you post a link for is only in Spanish? Its very hard to use if you in fact speak and read no spanish!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Oh! Joan :)

Origen, scroll down and click on Aeroport

Destino, Scroll down and click on Blanes

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

"data non disposible?"

My dates are also too far in future( july 29) .

And what does" toda y toda" mean, I understand its a time , so first time I enter would be when I want to take train( since arriving at 2 I entered 3, does that make sense) .

I am getting really tired of trying to figure this out, can a person just arrive at the airport, go to Barcelona and get a bus .. this is getting ridiculus.

I find |Paris so much easier to deal with , Spain is turning out to be the least fun part of my trip planning, we are visiting France and Nederlands too and everything there has been so easy, Spain has been really difficult.. I am not sure why, partly it seems there is no one way to do anything..

I think we will just get on the stupid train to Blanes when it comes, but can you at least tell me how long it takes to get to Blanes by train. We can then just catch a local bus to Tossa, is it very far, 15 minutes, an hour, just a ball park idea.

Has anyone done this before?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Check train schedule over the next seven days, and change trains at Barcelona Sants

Tiempo de Viaje ( Travel time) Just over two hours

English is a second language in Holland and the French learnt to speak english after Waterloo!!

Level Contributor
8,551 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

We are in Spain now and <i would check some transfer companies to just go direct. We have used Viva Transfers and they have taken us to Cadaques,Calella and back to BCN...very reliable. <i dont know costing but <i would check it out...as <i recall you are traveling in high season which will be lots and lots of people and hot and it is vacation. if i were to splurge for one thing it would be transfers...just my opinion...too many margins for error with all the connections...and then they are having strikes all the time. Gooc luck and you are right this is not France...but beautiful and you will love the coast.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Gene, I sort of agree, but the private transfer company I looked at wanted over 200 euros, sorry thats more then we are paying all together for two train tickets from Paris to Nice AND two flights from Nice to Barcelona! Forget it. I might have done 100 euros , but not 2. I can understand the price mind you as it is a long ride.

The shared shuttles I have looked at seem to have terrible reliability reviews.. and one that I was trying to book with will not say how often buses leave for Tossa and will not respond to email.

I really think I need to rely on public transport. Bus to Barcelona and then bus to Tossa.

I would however be very happy if someone could suggest a reliable shared shuttle company that could take us airport to Tossa.. very happy indeed. !

Thanks Nuri, you have really being trying to help me out, ,I am just not having alot of luck or am incredibly dense when it comes to this in Spain.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,315 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Nuri is renowned worldwide giving useful links to web site time tables.

Your best best in taking the train to Blanes (40 mins) and then the bus via Lloret to Tossa(40 mins) A Tossa taxi will cost €100+ but is the best option,ignoring cost.. There have been good and bad reports on transfers via Hotel/Resort Hoppa*which is the cheapest option but may take the longest.

Spyglass search function* gives links to transfer solutions (sorry,cannot give personal public transport advice as I use a hire car)

Edited: 12:47 pm, June 01, 2012
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transporation from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar

Silverswimmer,,thanks.

Also, when you say "hire car" to you mean private car transfer or rental car( I think our terms are different here)

Edited: 4:46 pm, June 01, 2012