We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tossa

Which Tossa de Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hartlepool
1 post
Save Topic
tossa

going to tossa end september staying golden bahia for one week people put me off tossa said we going to wrong resort anyone been

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tossa

wrong resort for WHAT?

if you like crazy nightlife, being surrounded by drunk fellow tourists, with restaurants serving awful food at rip-off prices, tacky souvenirs shops... yes probably is a wrong choice.

if you fancy a town that still retain its charm, with a beautiful old town and castle, with places to eat local good food, quiet but not dead (even end of september is already low season, but not totally closed out), with a decent beach and a good base to explore the area... Tossa is a perfect place

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,418 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tossa

belsaits could not have put it better.

As I posted earlier

Posted on: 5:50 pm, July 07, 2008

"Sorry I am totally biased - you could not find a better and safer place than Tossa.

You would be spoiled for choice for restaurants and bars (but no "night life" places) and there is nothing better than a stroll along the front for a drink after dinner.

Shops are good and the Vila Vella a real feature.

The only classy hotel on the beach is Gran Hotel Reymar which is on Mar Menuda and a short 200m walk to the main area and the only other 4* is the Grand Bahia which is on the outskirts of town.

Suggest you browse this TA site and for a comprehensive view of everything to do in Tossa also try

www.tossacostabrava.com and

www.infotossa.com

both have tons of information"

If you want lager louts,all night disco`s , being kept up all night by noise outside your room then go to Lloret.

If you want the real Catalonia then go to Tossa,great bars,good food,clean sea and beach and plenty to do till 1am-and then bed.

manchester
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tossa

The two previous posts are spot on,i spent the summer of 99 in Tossa and had a great time,plenty of things to do and the local seafood is 1st class.Not been for 5 years but looks like i will be going back next june.Also the mix of nationalities you meet is astonishing for such a small town.So dont be put off,enjoy. :)apogee

4. Re: tossa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, October 04, 2009