We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tossa De Mar or Blane or Sitges

Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Tossa De Mar or Blane or Sitges

We're travelling with our 20 month old daughter to the Barcelona area in mid August. We plan to spend a few days in Barcelona but would then like to go to a nice beach resort nearby.

Based on my research, I;ve narrowed it down to Tossa De Mar, Sitges or Blane. Based on the pics I saw online both TDM and Blane look very interesting but I would like to hear feedback from others.

Basically, we;re looking for a place that will be extremely easy to get to from Barcelona, child-friendly to visit and safe, sandy and beautiful beaches. We'd also like to experience some of the local culture.

Any recommendations on which place would be most suitable? I am also open to other suggestions as I may have missed other suitable beach areas/

Thanks in advance.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,717 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tossa De Mar or Blane or Sitges

Would love to recommend Tossa , it is child friendly,safe and has the culture of the Castle ,the museum and the many artists galleries.

The Catalan culture is very evident and you can eat well,and at sensible prices in great locations.

The three beaches are lovely but have various grades of course sand - not fine at all - and it does put some people off and can get very hot on the feet in high summer.Shops do a roaring trade in rubber slip-ons so you can run to the sea without burning the soles of your feet!

leicester
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tossa De Mar or Blane or Sitges

hi there we stayed in pineda de mar last year near lloret we also went to callela and malgrat they have super safe beaches for children tossa de mar i would say has a nice safe beach and plenty of nice old spanish culture.regards keely by the way our son was 4yrs then.

3. Re: Tossa De Mar or Blane or Sitges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar