We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around Tossa

bucuresti
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Around Tossa

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone can help

I will be in Tossa de Mar in the first of September for 6 nights; It's the second time when I visit Tossa (the first time was for one day)...

I heard about a lot of spectacular places like Pals, Peratallada, Port Ligat, Gala Dali’s castle at Pubol, Medes Islands, Begur..

Can anyone tell me how far are from Tossa ? What is the best way to get there? By bus or ..??

I would appreciate any tips on where is best to visit.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Tossa de Mar
Tossa de Mar
Costa Brava, Spain
Tossa Beach Hotel
Tossa Beach Hotel
1,141 Reviews
Tossa de Mar, Spain
Pals
Pals
Costa Brava, Spain
Peratallada
Peratallada
506 Reviews
Peratallada, Spain
Begur
Begur
Costa Brava, Spain
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Around Tossa

hi,

I'd say that you would need a car to get around easily and that you probably wouldn't be able to do it all justice in 6 days. From Tossa, Pals and begur are approx 1 hr away, estartit and peratallada very slightly further but Port Lligat, cadaques etc., are probably closer to 2 hrs away. I'd suggest you see Calella de Palafrugell, Llafranc, Tamariu, Sa Tuna, Aiguablava, Pals (the medieval village not the beach resort) which are all within a few miles of Begur plus Girona. peratallada is only a few miles from pals and very pretty but i'd suggest pals if you have to choose.

You could no doubt do some of this by bus but it would be quite awkward and driving is easy in this part of Spain andplaces well signposted. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Tossa Beach Hotel
Tossa Beach Hotel
1,141 Reviews
Tossa de Mar, Spain
Pals
Pals
Costa Brava, Spain
Calella de Palafrugell
Calella de Palafrugell
Palafrugell, Spain
Llafranc
Llafranc
Palafrugell, Spain
Tamariu
Tamariu
Palafrugell, Spain
Hotel Aiguablava
Hotel Aiguablava
645 Reviews
Begur, Spain
Begur
Begur
Costa Brava, Spain
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Around Tossa

There is a bus that runs north along the Coast from Tossa, but only in mid-summer, which finishes around the time when you are going. After that, apart from one bus/day to Girona, you have to travel via Lloret, so you would be much better off with a car.

You may be able to do a trip by boat, but most of those go to Lloret and Blanes.

Mentioned in this post
Tossa Beach Hotel
Tossa Beach Hotel
1,141 Reviews
Tossa de Mar, Spain
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
bucuresti
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Around Tossa

Thanks a lot for your advices!

4. Re: Around Tossa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar