We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

igs
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
289 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

We'd like to make a day trip to Barcelona at some point during our stay in Tossa. I have a car, but don't really want to drive.

Any advice as to the best option for travelling? I was thinking of taking the train from Girona to Barcelona, but wonder if there are any better options.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

Hi,

there is a bus service that I think is the most convenient.Have a lood at www.sarfa.com, select English version and Interurban service posting Tossa de Mar as Origin and Barcelona as destination and you will have the timetable for a specific date.

The train is a little more complicated, because there is no train station inTossa and you have to go, by local bus, to Blanes station, about 25 kms. away. Once there, there is a train every thirty minutes for Barcelona.

Hope to have helped.

Jose.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
igs
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
289 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated. The bus does look like a good option.

I'm a little concerned where we'd be let off in Barcelona, though. That's something I still need to research a bit.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Dordrecht, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

There is a bus directly from Tossa to Barcelona.

John@tossa.nl

www.tossa.nl

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
igs
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
289 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

Thanks for all the help. The bus looks like a good way to make the trip.

From some other postings, I understand that there is a train which goes from Blanes to Barcelona. Another option would be to drive to Blanes, park there and take the train.

Does anyone know how often the train runs? Or where I could get that info?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

Hi,

there is a train from Blanes every thirty minutes.

You may have a look at: www.renfe.es

The information for "Cercanias" is only in Spanish but quite easy to navigate. You have to select your trayect "seleccione su trayecto de cercanias" , Select Cercanias and then Barcelona.Your choice will be "horarios" (Timetable)

You then put your Origin (Origen) as Blanes and Destination(Destino) Barcelona Plaça Catalunya (or any other station in Barcelona, but Plaça Catalunya is the most centric location), then put the day and the day of the Week if is Tueday to Friday (Martes a Viernes) Monday (Lunes) or Saturday (Sabado) or Sunday (Domingo)

The price for a return ticket may be around 6-7 Euros, depending of the day of the week.

Hope to have helped.

Jose

Mentioned in this post
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
igs
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
289 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

Thank you very much for the information. It is very helpful.

So, it sounds like my plan to drive from Tossa to Blanes, park and then take the train will work out just fine. That should be about a half hour drive to Blans and a half hour or so to Barcelona?

Your help is much appreciated. :)

Mentioned in this post
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

The train departs every thirty minutes, but it takes about one hour and twenty minutes to go from Blanes to Barcelona-Plaça Catalunya.

Jose

Mentioned in this post
Blanes
Blanes
Costa Brava, Spain
igs
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
289 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

Thanks.

And Placa Catalunya is the most central stop? I was looking for it on a map the other day and couldn't find it.

igs
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
289 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

Pls ignore that last question. I was looking for the wrong thing on the map. Thanks again for all your help.

Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling from Tossa to Barcelona

Hello, we went to Barcelona by bus last summer. It took a while, because the bus picked up passengers all the way to Barcelona. Although,- it was very easy. We went off the bus in centrum, and got a time we had to be back at almost the same place. Easy and convenient . Good luck to you !

Regards,- June from Norway

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Norway
Norway
Europe
Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar