We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flam ship in October

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Hong Kong, China
8 posts
Save Topic
flam ship in October

I am planing a trip from Oslo to Bergen in October and will stay one night at flam.

I want to buy the tickets by myself.

but one thing is that I don't quite understand the timetable of the ferry between flam and gudvangen. is there only one ferry everyday after September, departing at 1510?

If that's the case , that mean we can only take the train from gudvangen after 1820? that will be late at night and can't see the view .....

may any one give me some advice? thank you very much

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
29,786 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flam ship in October

You are correct, there is only one boat connection between Flåm and Gudvangen out of season. It is meant to correspond with the Oslo trains. Unfortunately, the days are not long enough for the NiN from Oslo at this time of year.

Hong Kong, China
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flam ship in October

oh.... is the view from voss to Bergen nice? will it be a pity if I take a night train?

What if I stay at voss for one night? Does it worth it?

but then I will have one day less in Bergen.

thanks for your advice.

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: flam ship in October

The bus journey from Gudvangen to Voss is scenic but the train from Voss to Bergen is mostly in tunnels.

If you stayed a night in Voss you could use the Hardangerlinja bus the next day to travel along the north side of the Hardangerfjord via Norheimsund which is a beautiful trip. Timetable is here:

The early bus will get you to Bergen 1100hrs.

4. Re: flam ship in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 18, 2014