We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2012 grand prix

Newbury, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
2012 grand prix

does any one know if you can get a bus to and from the circuit on all three days of the grand prix?

ive heard some horror stories about getting back to the station at verviers(stranded!)?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2012 grand prix

Theoretically yes, they run extra buses from the station at Verviers on race days - but I have read the same horror stories as you about the return journey, and it doesn't look as though anyone has ever solved the problem. It seems the authorities expect most people to be coming, and therefore leaving, by car (or else camping close to the racetrack) and don't seem to care about those who aren't. For things to improve, I think the race organisers would have to complain to the TEC bus company, but for that to happen there would have to be a concerted effort on the part of race-goers.

One precaution you could take would be to ask the bus driver, just before getting off, exactly where to catch the return service ("Où faut-il prendre le bus pour Verviers ce soir?" and hope he answers by pointing to something obvious on the opposite side of the road!).

Good luck, and it would be nice if you could come back on here if/when you are able to provide any tips for others in this situation, based on your experience.

Newbury, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2012 grand prix

hi, thanks for your comments.

i have had a reply to an e mail that i sent to the circuit office.

they say that there should be bus transfers available after the race back to the station at verviers.

lets see what happens!

i will post an update after i return, in the meantime heres hoping for a dry spa and plenty of action!

cheers

mike

Newbury, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2012 grand prix

hello to all GP fans.

great grand prix!

the bus company who operate in verviers and the surrounding area now run buses from the station to the circuit and back and also have laid on some extra buses.

beware though that the last bus back from the circuit is at 1900hrs(7pm)! on race day.

other days the buses run as a usual local service.

the buses pick up and drop off in francorchamps by the flower shop (with the green frontage).

the journey time varies with the traffic between 30mins and 50mins.

good luck and enjoy!

mike

east midlands
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2012 grand prix

thanks for the update... that's reassuring... I'm going next year (1st GP ever) and was concerned about reliable transport there and back (I'll be staying in Brussels for the weekend)

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2012 grand prix

Useful to know. We are travelling to the GP this year from Luxembourg so any heads up is good!

Thanks

6. Re: 2012 grand prix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014