We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

Leeds
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

Hi, I am going to the Belgium grand prix this year and wondered if anyone could recomend a good campsite close to the track

Les Thermes de Spa
Spas, Onsen Resorts, Hammams & Turkish Baths, Thermal Spas
Domaine de Berinzenne
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks
Pouhon Pierre le Grand
Points of Interest & Landmarks
164 replies to this topic
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
121. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

My Son and I are driving over on Thursday for our first trip to the Belgium Grand Prix, arriving just after lunch.

Don't have many expectations as far as camping is concerned, pretty self sufficient.

Booked and paid for camping on the GREEN (Malmedy) track site.

Love to meet any one else staying there, share a few beers etc...

Would love any advise on bars/pubs near by where we won't get fleeced and that have good party atmosphere.

Hope you all have a great time where ever you staying.

Birmingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
122. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

We have now booked and will be staying in Green amping too, will be arriving Thursday morning for our first GP. Getting very excited now :)

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

We're on the 06:50 Tunnel crossing so don't expect to get there till just after lunch.

Hope to see you there and share a few beers.

Look out for a father & son, black corsa sxi, large solar panel powering a small beer fridge and chillin out.

Birmingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
124. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

Sounds lovely, we're getting the coach so we'll be one of the few couples with no car or power! Hopefully catch you there.

1 post
Save Reply
125. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

Hi .. We are at yellow camping fc ster we are going with our 5 boys booked that as it said green was louder .

Canvey Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
126. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

We're on that train too but forgot to book parking, oooppppsss. Need to try and park somewhere on the day now with out a 6mile walk !!!

Welwyn Garden City...
1 post
Save Reply
127. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

I know i will receive a huge amount of stick for this, and i knowingly deserve it, what are the chances of getting a camping pitch now??

I have a tent and myself and 2 friends are watching our first F1 race and the decision to do the camping was a last minute one!! i know camping f1 have spaces but its £195 which is silly and ive read mixed reviews!! Ive tried the Spa GP website for the yellow and green camping zones but the website is now closed for commerce, i have emailed them about availability but failing that ive read that there are plenty of places nearby but i dont want to chance so just looking for opinions and advice!!

let me have it!!

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
128. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

Hope the yellow camping was a good site. We stayed in Green and were robbed whilst asleep

Southam, United...
1 post
Save Reply
129. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

Stayed in the green campsite by les combes.:

it was a bit of a mud bath in parts

toilets we just about ok (just)

Food was essentially chips or sausages

there were fires everywhere

there were fireworks \ bangers going off constantly

some of the other residents brought generators so they could power their riduculously large speakers, decks and disco lights

there were quad bikes zooming round parts of the campsite

it was full of drunk people

i didn't see one bit of trouble & loved every minute of it.. i'm not sure i'd take my young kids there (6 & 8) but then we were a party of blokes who love F1 & were celebrating birthdays :D

Edited: 5:32 pm, August 28, 2014
1 post
Save Reply
130. Re: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix

Elephant campsite we stayed at which was for being close to circuit clean and nr to a cool little pub/cafe was well worth the euros,cant wait till next year met some fantastic people few beers got a little bit loud but not nasty and to top it of got 20 euros back for leaving our area clean ........got a little muddy but sunshine sorted it out and there was a tractor there to help out if you did get stuck ........skipton/amesbury

Reply to: Camping at Belgium F1 grand prix
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted