We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

go to Kufstein fortress

Which Kufstein hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
go to Kufstein fortress

I will travel to Innsbruck, on the way by train will pass Kufstein fort. Could anyone tell me is it possible to stop and travel for a while at Kuftstein fort?

and how to go to the fort from the railway station?. And can I deposit my luggage at the railway station for about 2 hours? very thank for the answer.

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: go to Kufstein fortress

It's very easy to reach Kufstein fortress from the trainstation - you can see it from the train! Just leave the train station through the main entrance, cross the road, go across the bridge over the river, and climb the main pedestrianized street until you reach the fortress entrance, about half way up on your right. It is perhaps 5 mins walk.

Kufstein fortress is well worth visiting; it is fascinating and there is loads to see. There are no organized tours so you can scramble all over at your leisure. It's even better than the fortress at Salzburg, and that's fun too!

There are coin-operated left luggage lockers at Kufstein where you can store your luggage.

Rol

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: go to Kufstein fortress

very thanks to ROL. Your information is so helpful for me.

Get answers to your questions about Kufstein