We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

Dhaka City...
1 post
Save Topic
Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

queries are:

1. how many days are required?

2.where to stay?(2 adults & 2 child 11& 5)

3. accommodation cost not more than 1500 INR (must have hot water supply & breakfast facility)

4. whether can i stay overnight in one place to cover lava & lolegaon?

5. what preparation are required(specially for kids) to visit those place during early march?

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

Hello Sir,

Before answering your questions how many days you've in hand and what is your mode of transport from dhaka to siliguri?

Let me give you a trip itinerary:-

Day 1: Reach New Mal Junction (not Siliguri) and from there go to Lava directly. Overnight at Lava.

Day 2: Do half day local sightseeing around Lava. After lunch visit Changey Falls. Overnight at Lava.

Day 3: Either trek or drive to Rishyap(small hamlet at 8500 ft). OVernight at Rishyap.

Day 4: From Rishyap leave for Lataguri(part of Dooars). Go for afternoon safari. Overnight at Lataguri Resort.

Day 5: Visit Samsing,Suntaleykhola,Rocky island in the morning and go for afternoon safari to chapramari.

Day 6: Visit Bindu,Jhallong,Jaldhaka, Paren. And after lunch catch train.

I've budget, clean and friendly guest houses at all these locations. But I'm not asking you to book my rooms. If you've further query you can contact me on sayak.indiamike@gmail.com. Do tell me your date of journey.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

Lava,Loleygaon or Rishyap are places to enjoy. You can always have a hopping trip or rather a trip in rush. I will suggest you to atleast stay for two nights in places such as Rishyap or Lolegaon to enjoy beautiful sunrises or nature's walk.This is so because these places as such have no proper site seeing. Lava-you can have d monastery and Changey falls as places to see, but Rishyap has nothing yet everything.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

nasir 486 ,

I agree with princes ... don't stay at Lava... Stay at Rishyap , and complete all sightseeing like Lava, Kolakakham , Changey falls .....at least two night stay .

After rishyap stay at Lolegaon or charkhol ....

than stay at kalimpong ...

Back to NJP ...

It is better you take train to NMZ (new mal junction .. if you want to start with Lava. only one train going from Sealdaha to New mal ..that is Kanchankanya express...New mal to lava is 52 km ... or you can end up with New mal starting with kalimpong -lolegaon ...

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

If you are a trekker or a nature lover then Kolakham would be the best place to stay. You can reach lava and treak to kolakham and again to Changey falls. Home stays are available and are pretty cheap within your budget with hot running water and room heaters. Food is exclusive. Lava as a town has nothing to offer. Its either Kolakham or Rishap.

Rates come up by 700-1500 during march due to the tourist rush. You can mail me for further information at 2arijit@gmail.com

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

what is the best hotel in rishop to view the kanchanjanga and from the location?????????

Durgapur, West...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

can i visit lava,lolegaon,and kalimpong while staying at rishop.what will be the minimum time required to visit the above places.I AM FROM DURGAPUR I have to go by bus upto Siliguri.Then please arrange my tour plan.

Snehangshu

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

Snehangshu

Yea you can visit Lava lolegaon and kalimpong from Rishyap. You can start with Kalimpong or you can end with kalimpong .

Siliguri to Lava you may get share jeep or Bus.

Lava to Rishyap

Rishyap to Lolegaon

Rishyap to Kalimpong and return.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

Posting moments from my trips for these locations.

Lava:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpeXV9ei93o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_QE_YwN6Qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10U4hf9su9M

Rishop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvV0IejqmJ0

Kolakham:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qdh2swgRXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkF-odurvCY

Dhaka, null...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

I have make a trip plane on July 3rd week with my husbands, we will be shiliguri on 20th july, i have already visit darjeeling. now want to see new places,,,pls suggest me what i do?? make a trip plane for me for 4 to 5 days.

Gangtok, India
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour plan of siliguri-kalimpong-lava-lolegaon-siliguri

Day 1: Arrive NJP or Bagdogra – drive to Kalimpong

On your arrival NJP railway station or Bagdogra airport our driver will meet and greet you.

Drive to Kalimpong and on your arrival in Kalimpong; check in at the hotel or home stay.

Visit Delo Dada and enjoy the sunset.

Stay overnight at hotel or home stay.

For other informations write to me at sikkimtravelinfo@gmail.com or call me at 03592 231593

Day 2: Kalimpong- Loleygoan

Breakfast at the hotel.

Drive to Loleygaon at an altitude of 5,500 ft. A spectacular view of the Himalayan snow will take you to a different world.

Check in hotel or homestay in Loleygoan.

After lunch we visit the Heritage Forest Canopy Walk - hanging wooden footbridge in middle of the huge Pines and Oaks.

At the evening we will enjoy Jhandi Dara sunset from the nearby hilltop of Jhandi Dara which is an experience of the lifetime

Stay overnight at hotel or homestay

Day 3: Loleygoan-Charkholae

Wake up early in the morning about 4 am and enjoy the divine beauty of sun rise.

Return to the hotel or home stay and have breakfast at early morning

Move to Charkholae which 15km away from Lolegaon /Kafer and offers a complete 360 degree view of Mt. Kanchenjunga from the mountain top of Charkhole Hill.

Stay overnight at hotel or homestay

Day 3: Charkholae – Kolakham or Chhangay

Have breakfast in the hotel

Drive to Kolakham or Chhangay and check in the hotel or homestay.

Visit the Chhangay falls resort. On the way view many marvelous hill top which offers a spectacular view of Mount Kanchanjangha.

If time permits roaming to the lash green forest of the valley which is made up by woodlands of Pine, Birch and Juniper trees and a few rare orchids and colorful and bright canopy of Rhododendron is a visual pleasure Visit

Night stay in the hotel or homestay

Day 4: Kolakham or Chhangay to NJP/Bagdogra

Breakfast at the hotel.

After breakfast transfer to NJP railway station or Bagdogra airport for your train / flight to onward destination

Tours Ends