We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a beer fest with a beer tent in September

Montana
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a beer fest with a beer tent in September

We are staying just up the road from Amberg at Sulzbach-Rosenberg. We have a car. We are looking for a beer tent/ beer fest in the area for the 3rd week in September. Thank you. Frank

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
197 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a beer fest with a beer tent in September

Hi Frank,

it seems that you're looking for something that will be difficult to find. During the Oktoberfest in Munich there are probably not many smaller beerfests to be found, the big thing in Munich is just too big for any others to happen at the same period.

Here's a short list of some of the beerfests in the region:

Bergkirchweih Erlangen 26 August - 6 September 2009

Volksfest Eichstätt 28 August - 6 September 2009

Herbstvolksfest Nürnberg 28 August - 13 September 2009

Herbstdult Regensburg 28 August - 13 September

Volksfest Beilngries. 4. September - 13 September 2009

Herbstfest Rosenheim 29 August. - 13 September 2009

Oktoberfest München 19 September - 4 Oktober 2009

Only the Cannstatter Volksfest or Wasn in Stuttgart (26 September - 12 Oktober 2008) is in the same time frame.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,792 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a beer fest with a beer tent in September

The dates for the Cannstatter Volksfest ( www.cannstatter-volksfest.de ), the world's second largest beer festival in Stuttgart ( www.stuttgart-tourist.de ), were given wrong. They are 25Sept to 11Oct.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
197 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a beer fest with a beer tent in September

Indeed, I got the wrong dates for the Wasn, it's 25.09 to 11.10... Sorry for the confusion.

Montana
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a beer fest with a beer tent in September

I will check out the ones from the 13th of September.

Our last day in Germany is Oct. 4th (we have just come back from Ireland), so we are going

to what will probably be my last Oktoberfest. It will be a tear jerker but I will muddle through with

a few Masses. I might even take my rubber hammer

(Are you old enough to remember those?). I love the

small fest tents. Remember we hit one once in Raubling, south of Rosenheim. Thanks. Frank

Montana
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a beer fest with a beer tent in September

My trips after this year will be shorter (concentrating on 1 country for 2 weeks). Mainly

because of a guilt complex I have when I have to leave my 2 Siberian Huskies in the kennel for too long a time. My number one trip for Germany after this year will be the Bierfest in Straubing. It is in the summer and I will have to break my rule, not to leave Montana in the summer. I think it is the 3rd largest Bierfest in Germany and have heard a lot of good things about it. Frank

6. Re: Looking for a beer fest with a beer tent in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, December 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Amberg