We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landshut and Freising

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Landshut and Freising

We are traveling to Deutschland in March/April, landing in Frankfurt am Main and departing from Muenchen. We intend to spend most of our time in Franken (Wuerzburg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Bamberg, Nuernberg and Regensburg).

We had intended to finish with a day and a half in Muenchen (Munich) but just decided that the city either deserved more time or a skip.

The Muenchen airport is as close to Landshut as Muenchen and even nearer to Freising. So, we are deciding to spend the time in either or both of these smaller cities. We enjoy sightseeing walks, parks, rivers and good eats. Which (or both) of these cities would be a good send-off from Deutschland.

Thanks, Gary

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,048 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Landshut and Freising

I personally would stay in Munich. To me the best thing about Munich is a visit to the beer halls which you could easily do in that time frame and also see a few sights. I don't find Munich that interesting, but its location is nice being fairly close to the Alps and other tourist attractions.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,067 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Landshut and Freising

freising.de/tourismus/…Bil_Eng_s2.htm

(don't miss the "forward" links)

http://www.landshut.de/landshut_english/

Landshut is one of the most overlooked nice cities in Germany by tourists. And has more sights than Freising . But Freising has the oldest brewery on the planet.

http://www.brauerei-weihenstephan.de/

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Landshut and Freising

Thanks for the sites. We were almost certainly going to stop in Landshut and it looks as though Freising would be worth part of a day as well.

Gary