We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hurtigruting experts

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
California
2 posts
Save Topic
hurtigruting experts

Hello

We are 2 mid 70's couple planning on taking the cruise.

We would like to fly to Bergen and cruise to Krikenes.,then fly down to Kristiansand.

We would be renting a car to visit relatives in Norway.

When ready to fly home I haven't decided how I am going to do that.

Any input would be appreciated.

Sid

Barents Safari Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Safaris
Kirkenes Snow Hotel
Other Outdoor Activities
The Borderland Museum
History Museums, Specialty Museums
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,324 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hurtigruting experts

A flight from Kirkenes to Kristiansand has to be via Oslo Airport Gardermoen for transfer. It looks like there are two flights daily from Kirkenes to Oslo (11:30 am and 08:05 pm) - both allowing appr. 1 hour for transfer for a further flight to Kristiansand. It should be possible to handle the luggage for all the journey as from Kirkenes.

The flight from Kirkenes to Oslo is estimated to a little more than 2 hours.

Look up SAS Braathens timetables and prices here:

www.sasbraathens.no/Default.aspx…

I have also tried to check with the option for Norwegian, but even though they state that they have flights for both Kirkenes and Kristiansand, no flights were specified when I searched for flight timetables.

Where are your relatives located ?

California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hurtigruting experts

I know this is not the correct post to reply to,but there is no place to click on the other one.

So my family area all around Tvedestrand,Arendal area,so flying to Oslo is not too big a problem.Will check into Braatens and see what I find.

Mange Takk

Sid

3. Re: hurtigruting experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, August 23, 2009