We are a family of 4, with two children 8 and 5, we are doing a hurtigruten holiday for 12 days from bergen to kirkenes. I want to get the right gear but not necessarily the most expensive. What I mean is I'm prepared to pay for what we need but don't want to go over the top. For example I'm looking at £300 parkas from North face but are there cheaper options that might do the job.
We will do about 3 excursions that will involved snowmobiling and husky riding in the north of norway so
1) has anyone got a comprehensive list of what must haves I should take.
2)I have got so far things like 1 pair of merino wool long johns, how many shuldl I have?
3) How many of the very warm socks should I have?
I have north face chilkat boots and sorel for the kids, both are windproof waterproof and insulated.
4) One thing I'm really not sure about is what sort of trousers should I get.I know they need to be windproof but how insulated should theye be?
5) What gloves are best
6)do i really need to get new polarised sunglasses or can I just use the sunglasses I have?
7) any tips on what will help keep kids occupied that would be compact or otherwise?
8) best brand hat that is waterproof etc
9) in general best brands to look at
I think that is about it.
I'm feeling very overwhelmed looking at what i have to get and the choices involved and trying to get the best and right gear for the least amount of cash so I would really appreciate anything anyone has M on the subject