We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Kirkenes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

Any events happening in Kirkenes on NYE, such as fireworks?

Also are the restaurants closed or reservations required? Arriving off the Hurtigruten from Tromso and in town for one night.

Nothing gleaned from the visit Norway website so any info would be welcome!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,665 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

Normally there are fireworks at midnight. I suggest you ask your hotel or the tourist information for further info regarding activities in the evening. Kirkenes is not exactly attracting hords of tourists, but I suppose there will be a restaurant or two open for a festive meal although New Years Eve mostly is celebrated in private homes.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

Thanks for the info. Gonna be very chilly!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,665 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

Snowy more like it according to forecast

yr.no/place/…long.html

Berlare, Belgium
Level Contributor
24 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve

Hi

i was on north cape for new year last year, that was a special trip through Hurtigruten.dont expect too much as you will find most things closed as was last year during the christmas period in Bergen

5. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 30, 2013