We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamoura In February

southport
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Vilamoura In February

Hi all

I have been to vilamoura a few times but many years ago. Can anyone tell me what is open for my children 16-20 year old. ie water parks, mini golf etc.,

Also any good restaurants in area.

We are going in february does anyone have any ideas of what weather to expect.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Thanks Kathy

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,492 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamoura In February

Can help a little.

Weather in theory should be around 55 - 60F but last February we had a horrible week with temperatures barely above freezing and it snowed in the hills about 15 miles away! Also come prepared for a bit of rain.

Unfortunately in February most of the theme parks are closed. One exception is Zoomarine (sea life dolphins and stuff) which is about 15 miles from Vilamoura.

I have never visited Vilamoura on holiday so can't comment too much but there are several restaurants around the Marina that ought to be open.

Lot-et-Garonne...
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamoura In February

Hi Katti

Just come back from vilamoura spent new year there, we took our son (21) and his 19 year old girlfriend .

Zoo marine, is fantastic both of the children swam with dolphins both thought it was amazing, and for it is was magical.

Even if you dont want to swim with the dolphins, it is still a day out, dolphin show, sea lion show lots of animals and fish crocodiles etc worth the money

There is also a water park on the way into vilamoura but we didnt go there.

Resturants are plentiful, lots at the marina, lots of places to sit and watch the big yatchs whilst drinking coffee.

We enjoyed it so much we have booked to go back 1st march, the weather at new year was good enough for us, but needed a jumper, cardigan at night.

enjoy your holiday, if you need any more info just ask

val

southport
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamoura In February

Thanks guys for your help. I'm really looking forward to going I have been a few times before but its 7 years since i've been. I am staying at a apartment over looking the millennium golf course does anyone know anything about these ie how long does it take to walk to marina from there etc.,

Cheers Kathy

4. Re: Vilamoura In February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura