We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamoura in November

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vilamoura in November

Some great stuff on this forum thanks to everyone

One question i couldn't find an answer to is

Are shops, restuarants and bars open in Vilamoura in mid November i.e will the marina be a ghost town or still thriving?

many thanks

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve
Level Contributor
14,187 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamoura in November

The marina is much quieter already.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamoura in November

with being a destination rather than a working/residential town it will always be quieter than other parts of the Algarve

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamoura in November

Thanks for your replies

I'll be staying in Vilamoura but will havea car - where would you suggest i should drive to where it would be busier with restaurants / shops / bars / beach

Thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamoura in November

I will be in Vilamoura begining of December and would advise you go to Albufeira as it will be busier than Vilamoura

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamoura in November

Albufeira is much more busier than Vilamoura in winter time. Mostly of the restaurants are open and a few bars.

Manchester
Level Contributor
159 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamoura in November

We came home on the 19th October and as it usually is at that time it was very quiet. A couple of restaurants had already closed for the winter.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamoura in November

It is a bit quiter in November but there are still bars open. Some of the smaller ones behind the Marina are good value and welcoming.One particular one comes to mind -Robertos bar which is in the square behind Ruis.It is run by a lovely Portuguese lad who speaks good English and loves to chat to customers about anything and everything.He has just started out this summer.He has Happy Hour 6-9pm and stays open late when he has customers.

8. Re: Vilamoura in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura