We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safty

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Safty

Is Vilamoura safe after dark, to walk around marina area and near Irish bar wooden hut

Manchester
Level Contributor
159 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safty

It's the same as any town unfortunately. There have been some muggings but the ones I have heard of are away from the marina in the more residential areas. I've never felt anything but safe in Vilamoura, it is quite a busy place, especially around the marina. I am vigilant wherever I go but there's nothing to worry about!

wirral
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safty

Never had a problem, always plenty of people about.

We stayed at Crowne Plaza and often walked back in the early hours!!

Even had a few nights out just two females (husbands had long days golfing) :o).....

enjoy!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safty

Have been visiting Vilamoura for last 10 years and never seen any crime.

Just take the usual steps as you would do at home and you'll have a great time.

Belfast
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safty

Agree with all the previous posts. Have had a place there 10 years. Certainly there is crime like everywhere else and you need to be vigilant. My sister had an attempted purse snatch a number of years ago in a laneway off the Marina at 2 in the afternoon! Around the Marina would be one of the safest places. Don't let it spoil your holiday. There is more crime at home .

Peniscola, Spain
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safty

Just be careful where you walk, a few years ago my son and 2 of his mates where mugged, phones, iPods and cameras taken, they all got stabbed.

Plenty of taxis on the main road just up the steps from the marina by Figo's bar.

We have noticed that the GNR are out in force this year in Vilamoura.

6. Re: Safty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura