We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

review of the tivol marinotel in vilamoura

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
246 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
review of the tivol marinotel in vilamoura

as i am going on my honeymoon this hotel next year can any one tell what hotel is like?

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: review of the tivol marinotel in vilamoura

There are good and bad things about the hotel.It is very popular with golfing groups and conferences as well as "ordinary" holidaymakers so may not be ideal for a honeymoon. A smaller hotel might be better? Large groups can easily take over restaurants/swimming pools. Location is great - large swimming pool area with plenty of sunloungers leads directly to a good beach. The hotel can be VERY noisy at night if there is a function for one of the groups. We were on 7th floor and could still hear loud music booming through the hotel after 2 in the morning-but this may be because our room was quite near the lift and that is why the noise carried so badly. Our room was large,well equiped and very comfortable. We found the service throughout the hotel excellent even though there was a major (ice hockey!) conference on at the time. All rooms have marina views (great view but no sun) or sea/pool views( daytime sun but not much to see at night). Despite the noise problems I would probably go back at some time in the future , but my husband wouldn't. Apart from the hotel itself we were both a bit disappointed with Vilamoura.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: review of the tivol marinotel in vilamoura

We loved the hotel. Despite others saying it was noisy, this is obviously dependent upon who is staying there at the time - we found it extremely quiet although the hotel was busy. Food was superb, do eat in the restaurant, it was absolutely lovely. Quality, presentation and service was excellent. Rooms were not huge certainly, but immaculate, each having a balcony. Pick the beach side if you can, even though you miss out on the evening Marina view, you can always go for a walk to see it! There isn't much to do at night in Vilamoura, as long as you love beach and sun, short walks, shopping and generally chilling out, you will enjoy it. I recommend the hotel highly, hope your experience is the same!

Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura