We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Mexican Resteraunt in Vilamoura

Stuttgart, GE
1 post
Save Topic
Cancun Mexican Resteraunt in Vilamoura

My wife and I went to the Cancun Mexican Restaurant in the hotel Dom Pedro by the Villamoura Marina. We were very disappointed in how we were treated by the manager there.

We sat down and ordered the Mista Mexicana or the Mixed Mexican Platter which was described in the menu as ���a mixture of Mexican Specialties for two people- 40 euros.��� There was no other description of what the platter consisted of. We also ordered drinks.

We were first served chips and salsa, normal fare for a Mexican Restaurant. Then a platter arrived with about six prawns mixed with jalape��o peppers. We figured that this was an appetizer included with our meal. After we were done with this, a platter arrived with a large burrito, two hard shell tacos, two soft shell tacos, and two enchiladas. The food was okay, but not great.

Before our bill arrived I had figured it to be about fifty euros (food plus drinks and chips and salsa). Imagine my surprise when it was sixty euros, including an extra charge of nine euros for the prawns. We asked the manager why we were charged for something that we didn���t order, and had assumed was part of the meal. The manager said that they had accidentally given us someone else���s food, and that because we ate it we had to pay for it. I told him, ���That is BS��� and he got angry and said ���You ate someone else���s food, so now you have to pay!��� I told him that it wasn���t my fault that he gave us the food, which we had thought was part of our meal. He told us ���Why would you assume that the prawns were part of the Mista Mexicana?��� When I again stated that I would not pay for the prawns, he walked off in a huff. When he returned, he inquired what we intended to do, I told him that I intended to pay him the fifty euros that I owed him and not more. He said, ���I will not be poorer if you do not pay for the prawns, if you are going to be poorer because you pay for one plate of prawns, then don���t pay.��� We left fifty euros on the table and walked out.

I do not like being asked to pay for someone else���s mistake. I really don���t like being made to feel guilty for not paying for their mistake.

The food at this restaurant was not worth the hassle of dealing with this so-called manager.

Castizo
$$ - $$$, Mexican, Steakhouse, Latin
El Patron
$$ - $$$, Mexican, Central American
lisboa
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Mexican Resteraunt in Vilamoura

What an idiot that gentleman is!!! He won't last long as a manager with that kind of attitude! Of course you didn't have to pay! Unfortunately during the summer sometimes people try to take advantage of tourists... I only find it amazing it happened at a hotel restaurant!?!

Apart from this, when you return to Portugal I would advice yout to avoid eating specialities from other countries and enjoy local food... Mexican food in Portugal is not the best option...

Better luck next time! Lis

Mentioned in this post
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura