We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classy hotel with lovely pool and not too noisy!!!!!!!

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Classy hotel with lovely pool and not too noisy!!!!!!!

I am trying to plan a girly trip - more like old woman trip - we are both 48 year olds but go away for a girly week once a year and love to stay in a lovely hotel, great pool area and near to all amenities - we have left the husbands at home so don't want to hire a car or get into taxis, so a fab hotel near the restaurants and luxury during the day - any help.

The trip advisor on the Dom Pedro Marina and The Vila Gale Marina sound terrible - any help greatly appreciated.

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Classy hotel with lovely pool and not too noisy!!!!!!!

Hello there.I would suggest the Tivoli Marina Hotel a five star hotel by the Vilamoura Marina

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Classy hotel with lovely pool and not too noisy!!!!!!!

Hi,

Tivoli is a nice hotel but Lake Resort is much better. Is a new Hotel, near marina with all restaurents, bars and shops. Is luxurius, with beutiful pools and sand pool,SPA, is a litle expensive but the best 5 stars in Vilamoura.

Leonor

England
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Classy hotel with lovely pool and not too noisy!!!!!!!

Really does depend on how much you want to spend, my least favourite would be the dom pedro Marina! I stay at the Vila Gale marina, this is mainly due to the price, as it is great compared to what you can spend on hotels in vilamoura, and it has great location and graet views if the marina. The tivolli hotel is lovly and the price is steep, i mainly go on holiday to relax in a nice clean hotel and go out to eat in an evening so the vila gale marina suits me, as it is quiet. The lake resort does look nice however it is big, and some of it i think is private apartments.

Lot-et-Garonne...
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Classy hotel with lovely pool and not too noisy!!!!!!!

Hi

Vila Gale Ampalius, overlooks the beach, very close to Marina,

the hotel is lovely . We were there new year and met a couple (40/50ish) who came over to the ampalius, because they did not like the Gale Marinia.

We liked it so much went back in March, you wont regret it if you go to the Ampalius I promise you.

Val

Surrey
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Classy hotel with lovely pool and not too noisy!!!!!!!

I agree - the Marinotel is ideal! I stayed there for the first time last summer with my husband and am returning at the end of this month with my mum (who's fed up with Madeira). Mum & I have a girly week away each year, so I know exactly where you're coming from! (I'm the same age as you, if that's any help). Everything is on your doorstep - plenty of shops, bars and restaurants.

The shopping's great, especially if (like us) you like shoes and costume jewellery. There's a great T-shirt shop by the Haagen Dazs (please excuse my spelling!) ice-cream parlour and plenty of bars where you can have a rest every now and then, have a nice cooling drink and watch the world go by, or simply admire the yachts! There is a Swarowski shop very near to the hotel (ouch!) and I think that there are some designer boutiques, as well.

I like a bit of luxury, but not too much bowing and scraping, if you get my drift. The Marinotel got it just right which is why I'm going back twice this year. BTW - the breakfast is fantastic (I'm now hooked on custard tarts) - you can even have a glass of bubbles if you wish! The maids are fantastic, pop into the rooms 2-3 times per day and leave a choccie for you at night.

I think that it's the perfect place but then, that's up to you! We travel with Sovereign - the price includes taxi transfers and the services of a concierge. If you book online you save 10%.

Good luck and have a great time, wherever you decide to go.

6. Re: Classy hotel with lovely pool and not too noisy!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura