We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vila gale marina

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
348 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Vila gale marina

staying at this hotel in September. is there much todo for a couples in their 40's .. is there many shops and bars or is it very small and quiet

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vila gale marina

Hi, if you wil there in begining of september there are many families with childreen but after 15 september there are many guests but mature couples or old couples and a few families with babys. In September all restaurants, bars and shops are open and is not very quit. Stll be available sunbeds and parasols on the beach. Until 15 is more buzy than after 15 until end of the mounth and better weather too.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vila gale marina

Hi

Myself and my wife both in our 50's now have been visiting Vilamoura for the last 15 years.

Now our children are no longer of school age we have been going in September

In my opinion it's the best time of the year as the masses of August have left. Everything is still open and it's not as crowded The weather is always fabulous. Last September it was particularly hot the first week.

There are numerous bars and restaurants around the marina together with shops. You'll also find more bars, restaurants and shops in the small courtyards too.

We always find there is plenty to see and do.

If you have a car you can explore further a field

Edited: 4:29 pm, January 29, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vila gale marina

I entirely agree with Steve B, September is considered to be the best month to visit the Algarve the masses have gone but nearly everything will be open and what isn't is probably due to a early refurbishment. I have been going to Vilamoura for 33 years and generally in Oct thru to Nov and still find plenty to do. you are fairly close to the Marina you will not be far from a bus stop or taxi rank to take a trip to Albufeira or walk to Quarteira via the promenade. Have a wonderful time.

Mentioned in this post
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Quarteira
Quarteira
Faro District, Portugal
4. Re: Vila gale marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 05, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
Recent Conversations