We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed in Svolvaer Sjohuscamp?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed in Svolvaer Sjohuscamp?

Has anyone ever stayed in Svolvaer Sjohuscamp? I don't see any reviews on Tripadvisor for it. Is it a recommendable place to stay and what are people's experiences staying there? I'm intending to stay there for 10 nights in the first week in March. Any comments? Martina.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,963 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed in Svolvaer Sjohuscamp?

I searched the net and found these for you:

blissonwheels.com/lofoten_05_accomodation.ht…

http://tinyurl.com/354qo7q

The second is partly in Japanese (?) and partly in English, and has some photos from the interior.

Edited: 3:21 am, January 06, 2011
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed in Svolvaer Sjohuscamp?

Hi, thank you very much for the information. The first review wasn't bad at all, compared to other reviews of hostels/accommodation I've seen and the second one at least has some photos of the inside, which looks clean. I appreciate your help. The reason why I go for the hostels/sjohus in this case, is because it's an opportunity of meeting other travelers, I hope! Staying on my own in hotels, even though they might be more comfortable, are more expensive and can be quite lonely sometimes. Martina.

3. Re: Has anyone stayed in Svolvaer Sjohuscamp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, July 06, 2011