We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Parking - beware

Which Valkenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
60 reviews
Parking - beware

The parking Centrum in Valkenburg has a scam in operation, by which it starts a new day at midnight. So although the signs say "Whole day parking maximum 8 euros" it costs you 16 euros if you park overnight.

5 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,554 posts
82 reviews
1. Re: Parking - beware

Ehm, sounds only logical to me?? When else should the 'cut' between days be, in your opinion?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
2. Re: Parking - beware

yes, the day you are in ends at midnight..then a new day starts.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
44,401 posts
160 reviews
3. Re: Parking - beware

Yes no idea what is common in Spain but here this is the standard. It would have been different if they would display '24 h parking for 8 euro'.

But apparently tourists are getting more and more critical, upto the level known from Steve's country 'If the magnetron manual does not explicity say I should not put live poodles in it to dry then I have the right to do, and sue the vendor if the poor poodle hurts'. Just today GVB announced it's going to change the wording on all 1-hour tickets from 'valid 1 hour' to 'valid 1 hour after first check-in'. Apparently some tourist, or was it a local ;-), claimed that the original text would allow him/her to make say two 20-minute rides at totally different times of the day, as long as the overall time would be less than 60 mins...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Parking - beware

A 'whole day' is 24 hours.

By your logic, two whole days are as little as 10 hours, which is what happened to me. Parking from one evening to the following morning cost 16 euros. I have parked in car parks in Holland hundreds of times and have never had this occur before.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
Level Contributor
6,996 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Parking - beware

That the concept of a new day starting at midnight could be new to somebody .......

you learn something every day!

Reply to: Parking - beware
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valkenburg