We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zmerc Bar in Blazan

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
651 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Zmerc Bar in Blazan

I understand there is a bar called Zmerc close to the Corinthia Palace Hotel (walkable)

Can anyone tell me what beers they do on tap and also do they serve Strongbow cider on tap or bottled?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

http://www.starwebmalta.com/zmerc.htm

Theres an email contact there,or if you've got good eyes you can look at the pics and see if you can see it !

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
651 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

Cheers Danny I did try that, but all I could make out was Fosters.

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

Good morning Petrol, Balzan is a nice little village, very safe and quiet but not really much there, however the town of Birkirkara is a short enough walk away and has a lot of locals bars where you will be able to eat and drink at non-touristy prices, not sure if you can get Strongbow there or not though, but to be honest it's a pretty ghastly excuse for cider as it's never ever seen an apple never mind been made from apples, Maltese beer is pretty good and the local Cisk has won numerous international beer awards for it's excellence, whils't bottled Hopleaf, Blue Label, and the rarer Lacto stout are also pretty good and are brewed in the traditional style as english pale ale, brown ale and milk stout, we will be around Blazan and Attard this coming weekend so any questions please ask, please note that my wife and I know the "real" Malta very well not just the touristy resorts like a lot of people on here only seem to know about.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
651 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

Thanks for the info siggiwi. I prefer the Cisk myself but her indoors likes, if she drinks anything at all when we go out, a glass of strongbow.

Valletta,Malta
Level Contributor
241 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

I belive That Neither Draft or bottle Strongbow is avaible @ Zmerg...

You Can opt for wine instead of cider If it cause the yeast of the Beer...

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
651 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

How far a walk is it from the Hotel to Zmerc, I know where the Melita Bar and restaurant is from the Hotel, could you direct me from there?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

In the road in front of the Melita , with the hotel behind you looking down the street towards Birkirkara , Zmerc Pub is about a hundred metres down the road on the right ...cant miss it really ..it has got a large ZMERC sign in front and the style is unique.

If you really like Strongbow that much , I am sure that the bartender will get you some for the next day if you just ask for it ....Maltese are like that..just try ! nothing to loose :-)

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
651 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

Many thanks for your help, cant wait to have a few days off in the sunshine.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

The importing agent for Strongbow is WANDs which is a subsidiary of Farsons who supply Zmerc with local beers , so it should not be any problem , even if actually the original importer was Caruana .

malta
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Zmerc Bar in Blazan

eyy beers on tap they serve CISK,Guiness and calsberg. also the strongbow cider they serve it in bottles.

Get answers to your questions about Balzan