We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

We have stayed in Lindos a couple of times, and are finding it increasingly difficult to book accommodation due to the popularity of the resort, and the seemingly decreasing amounts of rooms available for rent now. - We have previously stayed in KRANA (fantastic, but unfortunatley fully booked for the weeks we want in September 2007!) and Lindos View. - We are looking at Lambis and/or Lindos Gardens (mainly thanks to the reviews in this site) - we have tried the various maps and the Gazeteer, but are having real problems getting a location for these. - as I say we are familiar with the location of the Krana & Lindos View (and Flora Supermarket) - can anyone give us an idea EXACTLY where these places are in relation to where we know - JMC says Lambis is 1.5km form Pefkos,(ie 3.5kms from Lindos) and I am pretty sure thats wrong ! - The more we look, the more confusing it gets, so any help would really be appreciated !

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

more about Location - the Map of Lindos I have got from the Lindian Way shows Lambis miles out, round the corner past the Lindos Reception, on the way to Pefkos, but I am pretty sure they are "behind" the Krana, by Flora Supermarket - I am yet to find a map which shows the Lindos Gardens ! - as I siad before, the more I look, the more confusing it gets :) LOL

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,396 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

Hi Jan

Lindos Gardens is actually fairly close to Krana (about 5 mins walk). Walking from Krana towards Lindos View take the first small road on the right (after Flora Supermarket) and Lindos View is off to the right. Though you have to follow the road round it's literally the next aprtment block behind Krana (you could see Krana from our balcony).

Met some people staying at Lambis and though they loved the complex it was a bit further out. If you take the road that leads behind Lindos View that will take you to Lambis Studios. It's a good walk but nowhere near Pefkos!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,396 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

Sorry probably confused you even more there! Lindos GARDENS is off to the right after Flora Supermarket not Lindos View!!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

thanks for that Marcus - its a real help - I think we are trying to book Lindos Gardens now we are sure of the location. Many thanks Jan :)

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

Hi Jan

My partner & I have stayed in both the Lindos Gardens & Lindos View and would not stay in the Lindos Gardens again. If you are having trouble booking Lindos View I would suggest Lindos Horizon as friends have stayed there and rate it highly

Good Luck

Foxyreds

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

just read your comments. We stayed at Lindos Gardens June 2005 & October 2004 we loved it although it is a bit of a hike up the hill off the main square it is well worth the walk even though i suffer with bad hips.(there is a free bus in the day & taxis at night it is very cheap) We had a change this year but missed going to Lindos Gardens. Definitely thinking of going next year. Read reviews off other sites & they have added another pool which they said they were going to. Improving all the time the first time we went only a small bar then the next time a much bigger one more like a wine bar Lindos itself is great with many restaurants & bars and the two beaches are wonderful. all in all a great place to go. Roll on 2007.

Belinda & Roy Robins

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

Hi, The Lambis Studios are just behind the Lindos View (a couple of minutes walk as its a winding path). We stayed at the Lambis Studios this year and they were faultless

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

We spent a week at the Lambis Apartments at the beginning of October this year. It's only about a 10 min walk from Lindos Reception. We walked into Lindos every night to eat & it only took us about 15 mins. We also walked back every night although it is uphill but you can get a taxi back. I cannot fault the accommodation at the Lambis. The apartment we had was enormous & everything was immaculate. Best accommodation that we have had in Greece. The Gardens were beautiful & tended every day by the gardener. Never had a problem with loungers round the pool. Would definitely recommend this accommodation.

Otley
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

why all this obsession with hotels on top of the hill - if you must why not try Socrates' Hotel Athena (named after his wife). Then you can go visit his bar in the village and say hello or yamas to Alex his ugly bar man (not really).

HIre a Captains House or other Villa and enjoy the real ambience of Lindian life - go down the small beach (AKA Pallas Beach if you have been going as long as me) - meet all those people who return year on year to this great BEACH resort (not swimming pools and hotels).

If your there in June or September come and have a drink with us on the beach at Scala (food great) or Mediteraneo ( Georges) or up in town at night - Lindian House Bar, Socrates, Lindos by Night, Lambis, 60's et al and visit Arhontiko Restaurant (up the main street past 60's) mention me to Vicky or Dimitri or go to Symosium and say Yassou to Michalis or his brother.

Enjoy

Askers

10. Re: Location of Lambis and Lindos Gardens from Lindos View

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 31, 2009