We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avra Apartments

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridport, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Avra Apartments

Does any one know which travel company is dealing with 2014 bookings for the Avra?

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avra Apartments

Have no idea, sorry. Looks like Olympic have dropped them for next year.

Denise.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avra Apartments

Hey

Thats what I had heard and understood, together with other regulars in the village including D. However, Mel (of Lindos Reception and who works closely with the OH rep) mentioned a few weeks back that 2014 accommodation contracts havn't been agreed yet. One thing is for sure, if OH drop Avra from their portfolio, it will need some serious TLC to compete with the independent market in the village, although its location is fantastic. I for one will watch this closely as I love staying at the Avra.

M

Edited: 2:12 am, September 13, 2013
Bridport, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Avra Apartments

Thank you. I think I will have book alternative accommodation. Any ideas for an apartment close to the beach?

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avra Apartments

Hey

If you have stayed at the Avra before, you will have passed the Villa Galini, 2 minutes walk from the Avra on the main beach road. It is gated and set back amongst gardens. Whilst originally a villa, it is now separated into individual apartments/studios of varying specifications etc and bookable individually. They come well recommended and are the only other option close to the main beach. See the attached link.

I have heard a whisper that there may be some studios opening up for independent hire on Pallas Beach for 2014, cant remember who owns these, but I am sure that Xenomania/Marcus C know. To be honest I think it will be on the basis of those who know the owners being able to book them as opposed to being adverstised on the net, so Villa Galini is your best option for now.

http://villagalinilindos.com/

Mart

Edited: 6:15 am, September 13, 2013
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avra Apartments

Hey

PS, as you have probably gathered, there is very little beachfront accommodation in Lindos, most are located either in the village, at the top of the main beach road or above the village in the Krana area. Avra/Galini and the Pallas Beach accommodation (?) is all there is.

M

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,344 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avra Apartments

It's Jack at Courtyard Bar that owns the studios on Pallas beach (he's converted the former Kyriakos Taverna). He was still working on them in May but I've a feeling Exclusively Lindos may be offering them, I'm sure I saw a picture of the view with 'coming soon' or something like that on their Facebook page.

Dudley West Midlands
Level Contributor
321 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avra Apartments

They are open now Marcus. Julia and Steve are staying there at moment

Annie

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,344 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avra Apartments

That makes sense now, seen a few pics of Julia at Skala... it's obviously her new local ;D

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,582 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avra Apartments

My friends are at avra now. They heard the ones above panos and nafali might be with Olympic. But the others dont but the cleaners are retiring who do block b round the back.

Bridport, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Avra Apartments

Hi

Thank you for your suggestion of Galini. Have managed to book it for 12 of our party a week starting 23rd July 2014. Have 14 more people to find accommodation for. Will let you know how I get on.