We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather at the moment ....

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
weather at the moment ....

Hi guys, panicking slightly at the few mentions of really windy weather. Does anyone know if it's just windy at night or is it during the day as well?? We're going 14th Sept and I do hope it's good weather. A nice breeze will be welcome I'm sure but at the minute I'm picturing raging winds?? Help - reassurance needed :o(

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
937 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather at the moment ....

Definately not raging winds. It has been windy in a night but it is a nice relief from the heat of the day and I found it very welcone

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather at the moment ....

Hey

Dont worry, whilst high winds can happen over a short time span, it is the exception rather than the rule. Lindos is not known for high winds on a prolonged, regular basis, in fact it is renowned for very still hot weather. Mid Sept you will see temps of 34/35 and maybe a breeze but it is unusual to have prolonged strong winds.

Mart

Edited: 5:12 pm, September 04, 2013
Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,959 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather at the moment ....

In Faliraki we have had strong wind day & night for over a week

Being sandblasted isnt much fun

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather at the moment ....

Hey

Trev: Given your penchant for letting it all hang out, I bet it "isnt much fun". ;-)

M

Edited: 5:23 pm, September 04, 2013
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather at the moment ....

Thanks guys

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather at the moment ....

Windy enough last night drinks blowing off tables

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
156 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather at the moment ....

We went in June and August this year and for about two or three days in June it was blowing a gale all day and night. Boats were prevented from entering or leaving the bay, and restaurants had closed their rooftops. August was quieter but the wind usually picked up in the evenings. A few years ago we were in Lindos in late August / early September and one day at the Lindos View our sunbeds were moving as we lay on them! It can be extremely windy in Rhodes...

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
570 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather at the moment ....

Windy again today (Thursday), they said it was supposed to drop today but no sign of it yet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather at the moment ....

Arrived yesterday afternoon people in our apartment block said its been windy about 3 days its stil windy thid morning clear blue skies .at skska the temperature is 27 in the shade 11am local time.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather at the moment ....

Hey Mr and Mrs Budgie, how's it going? How's your new digs xx