We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cicadas

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Cicadas

Hi, have been to Lindos many, many years ago but can't remember if I could hear Cicadas and have been to Santorini many times since but there is no Cicada chorus and I love to hear them. We have booked to go to Lindos for 2 weeks from 10th July this year and just wondered if there is noise from Cicadas?

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cicadas

Lol @ Trev.... last year on a couple of evenings they were pretty deafening to say the least.... then all of a sudden...... silence.... it was proper eerie.... then after a few seconds they would start again one by one... it went on like this for hours :-)

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cicadas

Trevor. that's terrible. They're all Gods creatures except wasps and flies lol.

D

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Cicadas

Can you hear the cicadas ?

The noise of the cicadas on the small beach today was deafening. I could hear them even with my Sennheiser ear plugs in - guaranteed to keep out all external noise allegedly

However the wind has just changed direction and is blowing towards Faliraki so Trevors cat will be well pleased

Edited: 1:18 pm, June 17, 2013
14. Re: Cicadas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 19, 2014