We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

east yorkshire...
1 post
Save Topic
weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

can anyone give me any info on what its like to get married at st pauls chapel in lindos. we have booked our hotel and wedding package through a travel agent. we are staying at the lindos mare hotel in sep 2007 and would love to hear any reviews. would like to hear if the weddings are rushed or even like a conveyor belt ! just want it to be a special day to remember without been dissapointed!

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

I went to a wedding here last week. It was very quick - lasted less than 5 mins, it all took place outside the church. You then get photographs taken (very nice views). However, our friends had the last wedding of the day which I would highly recommend. We were hanging back waiting for the previous bridal party come out and their bride had to walk past our bride on the way up the big hill.

Hope this helps

Lancashire
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hi Malinky

We got married at St Paul's Bay a year ago. Yes the service is quick and you see other wedding parties at the top or pass them on the hill but it doesn't make it any less special.

On arrival at the bay I only had to wait a few minutes before the previous wedding finished. Your wedding party will be the only one in the grounds of the chapel when the wedding takes place. The Greek Registrar reads a passage in Greek, your wedding planner then translates, you then exchange vows (if you wish).

After that it's picture time. We must have been in the grounds for 30-45 mins in total.

Signing the register takes place the next working day at Lindos Town Hall.

Hope this helps.

Wendy

London
Level Contributor
60 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hi there!

I am getting married at St Paul's Bay in August 2007. Have you stayed in Lindos before? I think it's gorgeous there and couldnt think of anywhere else I would want to get married.

We booked through a private planner, Karen from Lindos Weddings and will arrange our own hotel as we have been there before.

Good luck with everything...

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hi Gemgem,

I have booked through Lindos weddings , sent the form off 3 weeks ago but haven't had a reply and can't contact by phone. Don't know if I should be worried now?

UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

I've got my wedding in a few weeks with Karen and she is doing loads of weddings at the moment and is really busy. Don't worry, when she has time, she'll get back to you. She is worth the wait!

UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Forgot to say, why don't you text Karen, although there is a phone number on the website for her in Lindos.

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Thanks for this, total mis-understanding and everything is sorted out now. I'm sure she is worth the wait, so many people say so!

sheffield
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

I've just got married at St Pauls and I have to say it's the only place to get married! Karen and Laurence at Lindos Weddings are amazing, even though they're vey busy they make you feel like you're the only couple they have to look after.

Have a great wedding!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hi sara, do you have any pics of your wedding?? Tell us more where you had reception etc!! I get married oct and im with karen and lawrence too!!

xxx

West Midlands
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hi sara, do you have any pics of your wedding?? Tell us more where you had reception etc!! I get married oct and im with karen and lawrence too!!

xxx

Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations