We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Me and the misses are off to Lindos on 14-28 May so if there is any qustions you want answering whilst out there please just stick it on here.

The hotel has wifi access around the pool so at least once a day I will log on to check my emails (except may be when we do a all-day trip to Rhodes Town or longer exercursions).

I will of course do a fuller review when I return. We are staying at the Lindos Horizon.

1baloo

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Hi,

I'm there from 15-29 so may see.you in the village!

Cheers

Dave

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Defo....I'm the Vin Diesel look-a-like......maybe a little rounder.

ENJOY.

1BALOO

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Which bars do you use? I'm staying in Pefkos due to cost but will be in Lindos quite often. Tend to do Captains, Giorgos and Yiannis.

Edited: 6:26 pm, May 12, 2013
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Mate I have never been to Lindos before!

So when we arrive at about 3pm in the resort we are going to throw the luggage in the room and walk into town for a look around the village, a beer and some food. I have a list of the top 20 bars/restaurants according to TA's BUT as your an 'expert for Lindos' which would you recommend for a simple beer and food for the 1st evening.....Kalypso / Yiannis / Dionysus....I will try a different place everynight during our fortnight so will get around to most of them.

Look for my big bald head!

1baloo

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Hi,

If it's dry! try Alex's or Stephany's as they have roof top restaurants and are reasonable with good food. Just walk into the village and follow the street until you see them. After that come out of either one and take a left. Follow the signs for the Post Office and you will see Captains House Bar straight ahead. Good place for a beer with Savvas and Peri. Tell them Davros sent you. Hope to see you about.

Cheers

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Hi, Captains House is a great bar and one of my faves. Also try Rainbird, again chilled with lovely views of the bay. Yannis is great for people watching. And Courtyard is another great bar that has Buzouki nights. Re places to eat, my faves are Kalypso, Olympia, To Kamariko. But also lovely places to eat are Stephanys, Dyonisos, Marias, Med East (again lovely views of the bay) and that's just a few.

I'm sure, like everyone, you will discover your own favourites, if going to Captains House say Hi to Savvas from Barbara too, can't wait to go back in October!

Have a great time!

Edited: 8:12 am, May 13, 2013
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Will do....bag packed, bit of early dinner and bed for around 6pm me thinks.

A-DIO!

Parmjit and Lorraine

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

I'll be there tomorrow evening....and allegedly I'm the Doris Day lookalike!!!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

I'll keep an eye out Doris.

14 May - it was raining, but only a little. Went to Lindos town, bloody lovely

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

15 May....had a full english which was great. Stavros and everyone are cool. The people by the pool are great and are here for the same reason as us, chill out, enjoy the greek hospitality and the sun.

By the pool. Really hot; says 23C but feels hotter. Few clouds but spending whole day by the pool looking at the Acropolis in the distance. Time for a dip......

1baloo