We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Hi there,

I'm planning a wedding in Lindos for Sept 2014. Ideally at St Pauls. I'm debating weather to do a beach BBQ or a rooftop taverna overlooking Lindos. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or photos they would be kind enough to share with me.

Thanks very much!

Lucy.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Hey

Both have their own merits and offer fantastic receptions. It.depends what exactly u r lookin for.

For beach locations I can recommend Skala although Dolphin n Nefeli offer good reception venues.

In terms of.rooftops, the Odyssia n Byzantino come highly recommended.

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Hey

I know Skala, Byzantino n Dolphin all have websites which u can access via yr search engine. That way u can have a look at some photos. I am sure the other 2 will also have their own sites. You can also use TA to research each restaurant to check out previous reviews and.photos.

M

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Please Private message me your e-mail address and I'll send you some photos of both

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Thanks very much Fugeeblues, I will check out the websites, its so hard to choose!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

And thank you very much sharklette, i have PMed you my email!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Hey

I agree its so difficult, I got married in St Pauls Bay chapel, got a boat for nearly 70 guests over to Palestra Beach Bar situated on the far corner of the main beach. We had champagne n drinks for an hour n photos on the jetty (no longer there) before getting taxis up to Lindos main square n walkin thru the village together with everyone in tow getting clapped n kissed (just me ha ha ) and walked up to Luna roof top restaurant for the reception.

So, there are loads of options, I personally feel that Skala on Pallas Beach would b fantastic for yr reception after a boat transfer with champagne from St Pauls Bay, photos in St Pauls and the jetty on Pallas before Skala for yr reception. The only downside is the walk up from Skala into the village n onwards for those with walkin difficulties etc.

M

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Well there would only be about 30 of us but we are planning on doing the boat cruise thing too, it just sounds amazing. A lot of people are saying that because st pauls is so popular you might bump into another wedding party and its kind of putting me off. Did you see any other weddings on the same day and what time did you have the wedding? I was thinking of about 5pm?

Lucy x

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Hey

Although there are 'wedding slots' on St Pauls Bay, the wedding planners manage it so well that there are no queues. The service/ceremony itself is v short and with photos included, it all happens relatively quickly but not rushed in any way.

M

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Hey

I forgot to add our wedding was 5.30 and it was mid September n I was in Highland wear. Yes St Pauls is popular n there are are many weddings but it does not distract from the intimacy of ur special moment.

M

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rooftop taverna or beach BBQ?

Hi there Lucy. Our son got married at St. Pauls last September. When you arrive at St. Pauls bay, your wedding planner keeps you at the top of the hill where your photographer will take some photographs of you. It's quite a steep walk down the hill, so you can't really see that much. Even though there are quite a few weddings on the same day, you won't bump into another party. Our son got married at 3.30pm and it was hot, hot, hot!!! Btw, the small wedding reception was at Mythos taverna in the village. The views from here are stunning. There are some photos on tripadvisor I took if you would like to have a look.

You'll have a fantastic day :0)

Denise.