We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
516 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

Hi,

My boyfriend and I went to Skiathos last July for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. We have completely fallen in love with the place and we will go again but the prices are so expensive this year and due to buying a house that needs completely renovating we just can’t afford it this year.

We think we’ll be able to squeeze a week in this June (end of) and I’ve narrowed it down to Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos; all of which we can get to on decent timed flights and nice accommodation for around £600 for both of us.

The trouble is I can’t decide which place would suit us best! We’re in our late 20’s and we enjoy experiencing the culture of an island i.e. nice scenery, food and wine……. Obviously we love Skiathos and the town blew us away so we’re looking for somewhere a bit similar (I know it won’t be the same but we just like the bustling atmosphere but chilled at the same time)…..

Any comments would be much appreciated

Thanks

Lisa

Shaftesbury, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

I absolutely love medieval Rhodes! It's different than the other Greek islands and it is quite big if you have more than a week to spend. The food and the beaches are absolutely fabulous and there are many things to see. The people are also great and the nightlife fantastic! Have a great summer in Greece no matter where you go. :)

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

Lindos for me personally is the most spectacular village in ALL Greece. No more to say other than just go & you'll know what I mean ;-)

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,812 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

Hi there

Another vote for Lindos :-) Santorini is very pretty and does have wonderful views and sunsets..but wow is it expensive compared to anywhere else I have been to in Greece.

Can't comment on Mykonos - on my list of "must dos" :-)

Scarborough
Level Contributor
35 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

Having been to Mykonos, Santorini and Lindos I must say Lindos is my favourite, it just about manages to stay traditionally Greek and provides plenty to occupy your time. The only thing Santorini offered that was better were the lovely fried birds served with ouzo!!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

Ha ha Daggle, obviously trying to ruffle a few feathers with that comment ;D To be fair people eat chicken, duck, pigeon, etc. so if finch is the local delicacy, why not?

Scarborough
Level Contributor
35 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

Ha ha Marcus Ruffle Feathers !!! Shame it's not on Twitter then we could tweet about it !

London
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

I can't wait to get back to Rhodes and put on my new beakini...

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

In answer to the original question it has to be Lindos and I totally echo the sentiments of AyiosP

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

Haven't been to Lindos, but hope to do so this year. However, notwithstanding the disturbing statements about birds above, we found Santorini to be wonderful. Not so much Thera, but the sunsets in Oia are amazing!

20. Re: Mykonos, Santorini or Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 05, 2014