We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to rhodes

Alloa, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First trip to rhodes

Me and my partner are going to lindos ealy july for 11 nights staying at hte lindos view s/c could anyone give advice on places to eat out, Cost of a beer and we are thinking of taking 1800 euros spending money will tha be enough any advice would be welcomed many thanks in advance

George and Tracy

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to rhodes

Hi there G & T

I've only ever visited Lindos, but never stayed there. There are plenty of Lindos regulars here who can advise of the best restaurants and bars. We usually bank on a budget of around €100 per day, and although we aren't extravagant, that ensures we don't go without anyhing, so your budget will be more than ample.

That €100 gets us a snack type lunch, a good evening meal with a litre of house wine, incidentals like soft drinks, bus fares, and a few beers before we dine. Obviously, days will vary, we usually spend a bit more the first day or two when we stock up the fridge but bear in mind as well that 18 months ago, the Euro was almost on par with the Pound at 1 for 1, whereas now, you'll get €1,20 to the Pound.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to rhodes

Hi,

We stayed at the Lindos View last year and it was great, about 10 minute walk down hill to Lindos village.

Our favourite restaurants were Mythos, Odyssia and Dionysos but every meal we had was good including the restaurant upstairs at the Lindos View hotel.

Your budget will be plenty for 11 nights, it is also worthwhile hiring a car to travel around the Island to take in the sights.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to rhodes

Hi

Completely agree with GB, we too also budget for around 100 euro a day and find that ample. We have light breakfast and then gyros or salad for lunch which will only cost 4 or 5 euro or even less then visit one of many excellent tavernas around Lindos and Lardos.

Would really recommend hiring a car as there is so much to see on the island and you can visit some unique tavernas one of my favourites being cristophes corner (bad spelling sorry)

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,717 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to rhodes

I tend to spend around 70€ a day in Lindos and you don't necessarily need to spend that much so your budget should be fine. A day for me covers a sunbed and soft drinks during the day, breakfast or lunch, dinner with wine, several drinks after dinner (a good few hours) and often a late night/early hours snack. I don't tend to buy a lot in the supermarkets other than water, juice and wine, I've done most of the excursions and I'm fortunate enough to have use of a car so they're extras you might incur.

As for restaurants you'll be spoilt for choice. We all have our favourites (half of the fun is finding yours!) but some of mine are Odyssia, Ambrosia, Broccolino, To Kamariko, Dionysos, Stefany's and Med East.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to rhodes

That should read

Christos Corner Taverna in Monolithos. Superb taverna but you will need a car to get to it.

Alloa, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to rhodes

Thanks peeps for your help dont think i will bother hiring a car do enough driving at work but would be the interested to find out the best trips as my partner loves boat trips they would be the ones im interested in seen them on thomson website but can you get cheaper in lindos itself

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First trip to rhodes

Hi there

Yes you can. book your trips at a local excursion agency as they will be up to 20% cheaper than what the reps or hotel will want for the same trip. Top boat trip would be to Symi, a 2 hour sail from Rhodes Town, there may well be trips also offered to Halki island, off the west coast of Rhodes.

There's an excellent bus service running along the east coast and regular buses from Lindos to Rhodes Town where you can easily spend a day or two.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First trip to rhodes

Hello George & Tracy, the Mrs and I went in August last year for 2 weeks and had a budget of £100 a day, which covered everything apart from trips, gifts for the family and 'shopping' for the Mrs.

It covered all the usual things on a s/c holiday, snacks, a food shop, drinks by the pool, water, beers, frape's etc

We ate out in the village most evenings at numerous restaurants, normally three couses plus drinks and we never went over our budget.

Beers were normally between 2.5-3.5 euro's, wine, 3-4 euros per 250ml glass, wine by the bottle anywhere from 8 or 9 upwards.

As for trips, the day rip to Symi and St Michaels Monestary are excellent, I think it was 35 euro's each but that incuded return coach journey to Rhodes as well as the cost of the ferry, as GB said, booking with local agencies is well cheaper than the tour operators.

The bus from Lindos to Rhodes Town was 5 euro each, each way, but well worth it.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First trip to rhodes

Hey

Agreed, the local agencies are the way to go. Another alternative is a 'lazy day' boat trip. Typically they go up the East coast towards Tsambika Bay, Stegna etc and involve chillin out on the boat, mooring up for lunch, a few sherberts and back again. My type of trip. Check the local agencies as the one I went on departed from St Pauls Bay.

M

Alloa, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First trip to rhodes

thanks for all your help peeps could anyone tell me what the temperaturesare like in july at lindo