We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go about a wedding in Lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Topic
How to go about a wedding in Lindos

Hi all, please help!

My fiance and I have decided we would like to get married in Lindos, I would quite like to have a proper wedding reception, meal followed by disco type thing but looking at the packages offered by the big hotels it will be very expensive, I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas about where or what to do. We also don't know whether we want to marry on the beach somewhere (again sort of suggests big posh expensive hotel) or one of the lovely chapels. It's all getting to my head a little bit so any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks x

Wirral
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

If your boiler breaks call a plumber - If your getting married in Rhodes then contact Lindos Weddings. Simples

They organised my Wedding and over 700 other happy couples to date

http://www.lindosweddings.co.uk/

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

good advice JayBWirra!l. The way I see it there is 2 parts to this 1) getting married 2) the 'Wedding'

Getting married does not need to be expensive it's what sort of wedding you want that affects the price. So I think you need to start with your budget and see what your options are within it - A wedding planner will be best placed to give you the ideas and options and take the stress out of it too. If you haven't been to Lindos it might help to get a cheap holiday/easyjet flight to Rhodes for a look round if you can afford to

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

Hi,

My fiancé and I fell in love with Lindos when we visited there six years ago, but didn't think we'd ever be lucky enough to get married there.

We've recently booked the whole package through Thomson, as we don't have a big budget and we wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

So far we have our requested date, October 4th next year, and we've been given a list of extra's we might like to have like hair and make up, flowers and cake upgrade and also the email address of our coordinator who we will meet when we arrive.

So all in all, a two week all inclusive holiday nearby, the ceremony and legal stuff, a cake and bride and grooms flowers has cost us £2200 for the both of us, the only hidden cost we didn't account for was getting our certificate of no impediment and birth certificates translated into Greek which Thomson like to organise ( to make sure it's done properly) and that came in at £200.

Just need the clothes and rings now!

When are you thinking of getting married?

Jo.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

Hi

You could check out.www.infinityweddingsoflindos. They have a shop opposite the ancient amphitheatre. Top of the hill which leads down to st pauls bay.

5. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:16 pm, November 21, 2012
Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

There are a few wedding planners you could contact for information, Lindos Weddings, Exquisite Weddings, Infinity Weddings, Unforgettable Rhodes Weddings and probably more if you look into it. We used Lindos Weddings we had a chat with them in 2009 when we were on holiday and went back over in 2010 to sort out where we wanted our reception. We could have had a UK meeting but chose to go over there instead, any excuse for a holiday lol. We got married last year. They were great planners and have organised loads of weddings and come highly recommended . They organised everything for us from the legal stuff to the chapel to the reception and all the decorations and the musicians and the DJ. That said some of the other planners have great reviews too. My friend got married with Infinity in June last year and had a fab day too.

Can recommend Mark Usher for the DJ (Ushandson) He was brilliant acted as our master of ceremonies and kept our guests on the dance floor all evening. They all said after how great he was.

Good luck with your planning. You could also try the facebook page I Got Married/Getting Married at St Pauls Bay for ideas from other brides.

7. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:33 am, February 10, 2013
Rhodes Town, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

Hi,

Can you recommend Exquisite because you work for them? Are they friendly because they book you and are they professional because they pay you? Also, doesn't the link you provide lead to your own web site?

Promoting yourself and your partners is no allowed on here. Same goes for the other guy posting above.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
356 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

Hi,

We got married in Sept in Lindos & used Lindos Weddings www.lindosweddings.co.uk Karen, Laurance & the team are simply the best. We got married at St Paul's had drinks on the beach & then had a boat cruise for an hour which everyone enjoyed. We then had our reception at the Melenos which was out of this world, a very classy place & the food & view are to die for. We didn't have a disco or anything not my style just wanted everyone to relax & take in the atmosphere, there were only 15 of us & it worked great. There are many lovely places for your reception & Karen has loads of ideas, can't reccommend them enough!

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
356 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to go about a wedding in Lindos

Hi,

We got married in Sept in Lindos & used Lindos Weddings www.lindosweddings.co.uk Karen, Laurance & the team are simply the best. We got married at St Paul's had drinks on the beach & then had a boat cruise for an hour which everyone enjoyed. We then had our reception at the Melenos which was out of this world, a very classy place & the food & view are to die for. We didn't have a disco or anything not my style just wanted everyone to relax & take in the atmosphere, there were only 15 of us & it worked great. There are many lovely places for your reception & Karen has loads of ideas, can't reccommend them enough!