We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on accomodation please

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beverley, East...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on accomodation please

Hi there, stayed at Villa Gallini and Xenones May and Sept this year. Looking at Villa Thea 111 for 2 people for next year and got a good price. Has anyone stayed here before? It seems Thea 111 is a 2 bedroom apt which can be split into 2 if only 2 people.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on accomodation please

I've not stayed there but I assume it's a traditional village house. This usually means a courtyard with rooms opening up around it. A sala living/bedroom, bedroom(s) kitchen and bathroom. There is often interconnecting doors between rooms to (for winter use I assume) ! stayed in a villa once with a group of girls we had 2 bedrooms,a separate kitchen and 2 shower rooms across the courtyard. There was another room at the far end of the courtyard which had a shower room built within it and had a couple sharing that. I assume Thea 3 is 2 bedrooms or sala and bedroom with one inside shower room and there is a 'spare' outside bathroom that can be used when the internal door is locked making 2 separate units.

Scotland
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on accomodation please

Hi. Stayed at the Villa 3 in Aug.

Outside courtyard, reached by steps from street outside. Courtyard with two sun loungers. Table and chairs and washing line. Two separate bedrooms, each with bathroom with shower. Really big kitchen. One of the bedrooms is next to the kitchen. If there are 2 people then 1 bedroom may be locked and not in use if you have only paid for 1 bedroom.

Lovely view of the Bay from the appt.

Hope this is of help to you. Have a great time. Also, they are down the street from 'cats corner'.

Maureen.

Beverley, East...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on accomodation please

Thanks both for your help. Maureen does the area with the sunbeds get the sun? So near the Rainbird Bar then I guess. Ok and here is the big one - would you stay there again? We have been going to Lindos for many years, mostly in the Hotels outside the village. Although not tried Krana yet! This year we stayed in Villa Galini (May) and Xenones (Sep) enjoyed both. Really undecided as we enjoyed the experience of being right in the heart of the village and this gives us that option for a good rate I guess.

Scotland
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on accomodation please

Hi. Sarah.

Yeah, would stay there again if got a good rate. Although, the only small thing ( and maybe it's just me) I wasn't keen on was being enclosed by a wall on either side of me. I had been the previous year to a private rental and it was a rooftop appt and so the area was fully open. So I suppose I had been spoilt by that!

The courtyard does get the sun, I just moved my lounger round as the sun was moving!

I was there with my friend. All I did every day was lie on my lounger, read my books and listen to my music. Then in the evening we would go down to the beach for a swim. It was absolutely bliss. So relaxing and very easy to do nothing!

Yeah, just a short walk over to the Rainbird.. If you come out of appt and at bottom of the steps turn left go up some more steps this takes you right onto the square.

Maureen

Beverley, East...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on accomodation please

Thanks Maureen, you have been most helpful.

6. Re: Advice on accomodation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 14, 2013