We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
330 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

I love the look of Lindos but I have a couple of questions. Does it feel Greek - I like to experience authentic Greece and not just be in e really touristy tacky place. Also is it still mad busy early Sept? I have read that there are loads of visitors to Lindos. I have just come back from Parga & although I loved it it was very busy in the evenings.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

It goes at little quieter in Sept as obviously the main uk summer hols are over, you'll find the days much busier than the evening as lots of coach trips from other parts of the island and from cruise ships are there for the day. But they've all usually departed by 4ish so evenings are lovely, enough people but not mad. And weather very warm indeed.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

Hey

Yep, I concur with Babs, Lindos is a unique location in terms of Greece and the islands. Us 'regulars' generally avoid the village centre itself between the hours of 10.30am and 3pm on account of the ' day trippers'. Once they have gone, Lindos is an absolutely fantastic place to be and you can wander around and soak in the atmosphere, the location, the Lindian architecture and the many nook and crannys housing little bars and roof top restaurants.

Do not be put off by those who place negative reviews on websites/forums who have 'visited' for a fews hours by boat or coach. Trust me, they have never experienced the real Lindos.

Early to late September is a great time to visit as the extreme heat/humidity of August has calmed. Remember that Lindos is one of the hottest places in all of Europe and its season extends to the very last days of October.

Mart

Edited: 3:09 pm, September 17, 2012
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

Ive booked the Lindos Horizon for 28th August 2013 cant wait how far is Pefkos in a taxi ?

How compact is Lindos does it take long to walk around, ive just got back from Afistos in Halkadiki and really enjoyed it

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

Pefkos is a short taxi ride, about 5kms from Lindos.

Lindos is not huge place, looking at photos it looks bigger than it actually is. But it has so many tiny streets and alleys and nooks and crannys so discovering it all can take a while lol. Then there's the bays to explore and discover, not forgetting the acropolis.

Lindos is unique and really you need to discover it for yourself because you won't really understand what we are all banging on about until you've been there.

The people (local and visitors) are very friendly, food great and it has a fantastic atmosphere. I'll say again, its unique.

Babs

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

Ive booked the Lindos Horizon for 28th August 2013 cant wait how far is Pefkos in a taxi ?

How compact is Lindos does it take long to walk around, ive just got back from Afistos in Halkadiki and really enjoyed it

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

Hi

I toatally agree with Babs & Mart.... I have been both as a 'day tripper' and as a 'regular' and can honestly say, I have never experienced a place like it!

One of the best things for me was wandering through the village streets and just getting lost!, it's amazing what you come across and can find.

Both Mrs R and myself wandered the streets nearly every day that we were there and there were still places that we wouldnt have found, it really is a 'maze of fascination'!

We have booked up for 11th-25th Sept 2013 already, staying at the Athena again, I really wish we could have gone in May also, unfortunately funds dont allow two holidays at the moment..... dammit!! ;-)

Once you have experienced what it has to offer and been hypnotised by it's charms, you wont want to go anywhere else :-)

Birmingham
Level Contributor
342 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

Ive just spent the first two weeks of September in Lindos.It was our first time in Lindos,but won't be our last.It's fantastic.Still very warm and not too busy at night.You'll not have to wait for a table in the restaurants.My only disappointment was the greek speciality food.It's just not special.Definately a place i'd recommend though.

Norwich, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

Not special! Where did you go?

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

anybody expecting "authentic" greece would be sadly disappointed by Lindos,authentic can be found very rarely nowadays,off the beaten track is best and Lindos is certainly not this

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How busy is Lindos 1st 2 weeks in September

I beg to differ with a couple of posts on here.... authentic 'greek' food can be found in Lindos as well as many other places in Greece, if you look in the right places!