We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Highlands, Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

Hello,

Getting married in Sep 2013 and reception at Lindian Jewel (Lindian gulf formerly) and we have 20 guests.

I have a choice of DJ, live music or greek dancers ranging from £250 - £400. But with 20 guests should i just not bother and we can go sit in the bar together after dinner or something instead?

Have no preference myself, quite happy to pay for it. What is your opinion? Did you have entertainment for your wedding?

Thanks!

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
356 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

Hi kar19,

I'm getting married in Sept this year & there will be just 15 of us in total. We have a saxaphonist playing for an hour after the meal but other than that we have no entertainment. Neither of us wanted a disco/dj at home so we didn't want it in Lindos, we just want to sit in the restaurant/gardens & soak up the atmoshere & have a drink. I sure all our guests will be happy to just relax & chat with a drink. i guess it depends on what you want & also the age range at your wedding.

Cheers

Manchester
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

Hi,

We had a DJ and to be hotally honest I woudn't bother unless you think everyone will be up dancing straight away. Ours started at 8 but people seemed to prefer to sit outside a chat until about 11, by which time there was only 1hour left. There are plenty of bars in Lindos so you can always go out for a dance after if you like.

Rhiannon xx

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

Hi Karl19, we are also getting married at St Paul's Church next Sept and booked the Lindian Jewel and boat cruise

Lindian Jewel looks stunning! I'm also a little confused which entertainment to have. So far we have around 35 guest coming out

What date are you getting married on?? We are 18th Sept at 15.30

Lisa

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

Don't bother booking anything, there are plenty of bars to enjoy after your event, and if your wedding party is made up of people who get on or enough of them do you will all have a great time without the need for additional costs of band, disco etc.

Highlands, Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

Ok great, we are not going to book anything and just go downstairs to the bar after the meal.

Lisa we are getting married on September 30th :) You need to let me know how it goes!

x

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

I got married In Lindos last year and I can't imagine a wedding without any evening entertainment - unless it's a very low key affair or older guests.

I also wouldn't risk going to bars etc afterwards as you are sure to lose yours guests and that will destroy your wedding.

Whether you go for a DJ or Greek band depends on your choice. A Greek band will play Greek music. Maybe good for the first half an hour but it's not gnna get people dancing. So, it all depends on what you want.

FB has a lot of I do these days about getting married and wedding entertainment in Lindos.

Good luck!

Sal

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

Although there are lots of great bars in Lindos, the Lindian Jewel or what was the Lindian Gulf is in the Vlycha bay area so its a taxi back to Lindos itself

We didnt bother with entertainment for about the same number of guests, they sectioned off part of the bar of the hotel for us and even let us put our own CDs on

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

We attended a family wedding in Santorini a few years ago, which was fab, however they had an evening reception, complete with top table, speeches, english meal, disco etc .Although it was very nice, we were expecting to celebrate in a taverna, under the stars in the warm night air, something you can't do in Britain, due to our weather.

The next night we passed a wedding party in a taverna and it looked so much more fun and informal, the wine was flowing and everyone was talking and laughing, including the waiters, more like what we had been expecting from a wedding in Greece.

I know which I would prefer, maybe next time.....

Shaftesbury, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

I wouldn't hire the DJ for 20 guests but the dancers are really great. My friend had dancers at her reception for about an hour and a half. They were dacing on their own and at some point they had every one of us standing in order to teach us how to dance the Greek way. It was hilarious and everyone enjoyed it. I also liked the musicians but my friend had those at the ceremony at st. paul for about an hour while the dancers came at the reception. The musicians were two guys while the dancers were two girls and a guy. If you want i can give you the contact details for both the musicians and the dancers.

10. Re: Wedding 20 guests, should i have evening entertainment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 23, 2014