We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in Lindos

uk
7 posts
Save Topic
Weddings in Lindos

I am getting married at st pauls bay in lindos this september.

i was wanting any info on how it looks, what its like as a wedding venue and any other information which may assist in my planning

South Yorkshire
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings in Lindos

Hi,

My cousin lived in Lindos for many years and got married there a couple of years ago. St Pauls Bay is fab for weddings, I can email you some photos if you let me have your email address.....you need to book your wedding for as late in the day as possible though as Lindos is RED HOT!!.

I have attended several wedding receptions at Dionasis Restaurant, they do an excellent Greek Menu and trim the place up to colour co-ordinate.

Not sure if you can use confetti at the Church - you definately cannot ring the bell as this is used for funerals.......an excellent idea rather than confetti is bubbles.

Just a reminder - take a bottle of ice cold water down to the church as the walk back up the hill is a real killer.

Regards

Tracey

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,083 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings in Lindos

Tracey's right - late in the day would be best as you don't want to look all sweaty on the photos. I'd take care with your choice of footwear too - i'd imagine the path down to St Paul's to be quite treacherous in high heels!

Other good options for food are Mavrikos (the only restaurant in Lindos with a michelin star), Il Palazetto (a very smart, courtyard restaurant - excellent if u like italian food and the closest to St Pauls) and Bacco restaurant above Luna Bar (good food, fantastic views and v popular for weddings).

uk
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings in Lindos

thanks to you both for getting back with details. i have seen some pics but just wanted to know anymore info.

do you know if you can get vehicles anywhere near to the chapel or a horse and cart ride????

email is mully32@ntlworld.com

cheers

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,083 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings in Lindos

U could get dropped off on the road above but the path down to St Pauls is narrow and v steep so it'd have to be on foot. Not really seen any elaborate, carriage style horse n carts on the island.

As i remember the weddings are held in the courtyard at the front of the church (as only greek orthodox can be married in the church).

essex
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings in Lindos

I am getting married at st pauls bay in sept this year we are having our reception at ceasers taverna its such a lovely place and i cant wait we are staying in Lindos Memories

uk
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weddings in Lindos

hi im getting married at st pauls bay in october and i cant wait, i was just wondering what the weather is like this time of year.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weddings in Lindos

Hi,

We got married in St. Paul's Bay in late September 2003. We got married at 6.00pm in the evening and the sun had just moved off the church, so the heat wasn't bad and there was no glare from the sun. We were joined by 60 friends and family and after the (very quick) ceremony we walked up to Bacco restaurant for the our evening reception.

We had champagne at the church which provided the guests with some refreshment after the ceremony and broke up the time when we were getting our photos taken.

We had the best day or our lives (so far!) and I would recommend it to anyone!

Hope this helps!

Scott

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weddings in Lindos

We got married there last October at 5.00 pm: perfect time and weather - September should be fine at a similar time, if a bit hotter. Ceremony lasts about 3 minutes and consists simply of saying 'yes' after a brief address in Greek and a curious English translation: then one question, 'do you want to be married?'! No problem with confetti and I think the warnings about the (2 minute) walk down from the carpark are exaggerated. There are some lovely picture opportunities on the way down. it is a fantastic setting by anyone's standards and our photos are breathtaking. Enjoy it - you will! Lindos Mare Hotel is great for a base, and reception.

greece
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weddings in Lindos

hi,

i an a english photographer who works at st pauls,you can throw confetti,a the walk isnt that bad i have to up & down it about 4 times a day, as for transport i know that for the first year limosines will be available if you want an extra special day otherwise its a taxi! they also do deals for transfers to so you can avoid that awful 1 hour+ coach ride.

if you require any more info i will be happy to help.

mel

sheffield
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weddings in Lindos

I am hoping to get married in St Pauls Bay next May. Has anyone been yo Lindos at that time of year? I was just wondering what the weather will be like at that time of year.