We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

Hi there, we're staying at the Aquagrand in September (half board to save a bit of money) but we plan to eat in Lindos on two nights. So the question is, if you only had the chance to dine in two restaurants which would you choose?

I think we've decided that one of them will be Caesar's - unless I hear to the contrary?!

Many thanks

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

Hi

Take a look at the recent 'top restaurants in Lindos thread' (dave/kathryn) where regulars give their 2 or 3 favourites and why. This should give you some ideas.

Some of those mentioned amongst other fantastic eateries were-

Arhontiko

Ambrosia

Mavrikos

in no particular order

Take a look at the thread for some ideas and enjoy your jollies

PS, contrary to reports, there is no evidence of chain smoking Italians or incontinent moggies in Lindos

Have fun

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

If you're looking for great mid priced Lindos rooftop dining just look out for the O's...Oddesia or Olympia they're my favorites

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

We've all got our faves, so each to his or her own, those of us who go self catering and stay in the village on a regular basis have the luxury of being able to try most of them out at some point, always going back to a short list of faves on many occasions. Personally my faves (sorry can't just pick two), are Kalypso, Olympia and Kamariko, though I also regularly go to Dyonissos, Stepanys, Odyssia, Marias and others.

Babs

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

As Babs says, we all have our favourites so asking for two you'll still probably end up with a list of restaurants as long as your arm. Even personally i'd struggle to pick just two. On a recent short break my biggest nightmare was deciding where we would eat, with only two nights free for dinner!

At the pricier end Ambrosia, Arhontiko or Mavrikos shouldn't fail to impress. Of the mid range restaurants in Lindos I'd say Olympia, Odyssia, To Kamariko, Stefanys and Dionysos are all excellent.

Have to say I was a little underwhelmed with Caesar's this year but they have a new menu and for me, the vegetarian choice was very limited.

Edited: 10:11 am, August 06, 2010
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

if only allowed choice of 2 it would be Broccolino or Mavrikos

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

You may well get pee'd off with "Hello my flower" in Caesar's after the first 10 mins. The food and setting is OK though.

It's a very subjective issue of course - 'one man's meat is another man's poison' springs to mind.

Personally, I think the best way to sample Lindos is not to stay in a stereotypical hotel and eat there 5 nights in 7 (or 12 in 14) but to stay in the village and eat out in its many fantastic restaurants. There are too many to pack into 14 nights, let alone 2. Just my 2 Euro's worth....

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

Totally agree stay in apartments and eat out. It is nice to wonder out each night and try different places even if sometimes you go back to your favourites.

On the vegetarian thread though which restaurants to you consider to give the best choice and the most original menu.

Gill

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

Timi's Cypriot taverna (near Apollon bar) does an excellent plate of meze's starters

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

Have to agree with Xen. One of the main attractions of Lindos is the wonderful variety of quality restaurants. Half board or AI are a big no no IMO.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 'Best' 2 restaurants in Lindos

Timi's mentioned by Xeno does a great veggie meze, the casserole is delicious!

Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations