We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banks in Lindos

Bristol
7 posts
Save Topic
Banks in Lindos

Hi everyone,

I hope someone is able to help! This is always my first port of call as the advice is alwayd great!

We are leaving for Rhodes next week to get married in Lindos.

We will need about 3500 Euros in cash to pay for our wedding services and as you can imagine are a bit worried about taking that much cash with us!

We were thinking about taking either a pre-paid credit card or travellers cheques and changing them to Euros whilst in Lindos.

Are there any Banks in Lindos or would we have trouble changing up this amount of money??

The other issue would be if the exchange rate over there is so much lower than it is here at the moment (1.14) we would be losing out changing it in Greece and on that much money it would make a huge difference,

Any help or anyone who has had to same dilema would be great

Many Thanks

Liz :)

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Banks in Lindos

The Emporiki Bank is above the donkey station in the village but personally I'd take it cash in 100 euro notes.

Bristol
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Banks in Lindos

Thanks for that!

I think we will just risk it and take the cash rather than messing around trying to change it up!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banks in Lindos

Don't often disagree with Eddie, but although his way is an option I would telephone the Emporiki Bank & ask if you could make a debit card withdrawal over the counter, while you are there, for the amount you need. They may say there is a limit, which will mean doing several transactions. Ask if they charge for it, I've only done it at the National Bank of Greece, where there was no charge. The rate for that today is just over €1.17. It will also mean you only have to actually be carrying the cash for as little time as possible.

Telephone number for the bank is 0030 22410-87682

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Banks in Lindos

Yep, that sounds like a good idea Yiassas.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banks in Lindos

If you do decide to go down the debit card route just make sure you check your own bank's charges before you decide which card to use, some are stupid money. If you have a Nationwide Flexaccount with a Visa debit card that is aboslutely free of charges. Also inform your bank you will be making this transaction so they don't think it's fraud!

6. Re: Banks in Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, November 09, 2010