We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

wales
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi ,

I am trying to plan wedding for next year either end of May or end of July . I am bit stuck and have narrowed it down to Kefalonia or Lindos ( maybe Cyprus ). I ve been contacting wedding planners but am dubious as they say £725 package but that is very basic no cake, no flowers , no decorations etc and no accomadation flights .

I only have realy £5000 budget and that's including party back home and dress. Will we realstically get our dream wedding? Don't expect the finest just simple, pretty and fun . If you don't mind talking money can you please tell me round abouts how much your wedding was ?

Thankyou

Confused.com

Bolton
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi Pheobe,

Congratulations on your wedding!

We are getting married at St Paul's Bay, Lindos this June. We are using Exquisite Weddings to plan the day and have booked a 2 week package holiday through Olympic, and we have 30+ guests coming out with us.

All in we expect it will cost us about £8K but we have budgeted an extra £500 in case. That's including boat cruise, meal and disco in Lindos and other extras like accordionist, Greek dancers etc. I'm not having a party back home so we want to go the extra mile on the day.

I hope this is helpful, I will be able to let you know how realistic this budget was in 8ish weeks when I get back!

Cheers

Ali

wales
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

wow it sounds amazing I hope you have a fantastic day . Would very much like to hear all about it .

I just don't have that money my friend spent that in uk thought abroad weddings were cheaper . Plus I love my holidays and would be gutted if couldn't go on holiday after wedding.

But thankyou for sharing I am glad you 've had good experince with wedding planner too . It's all so daunting . Can I ask what made you decide to go aboard ? I am still wondering if it'd thr right thing . Though I do love the sun, sea, sand , culture , history of new places and feel nice to have wedding reflect you as a couple. Ah decisions , decisions and if only money was no object.

Thanks againa : 0 )

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi Pheobe,

I got married Oct 07 in Lindos and used Lindos Weddings who were fab. Im sure you've read all their reviews!

We had about 35 people all in with us and also had the big bash back home too. All in, everything cost us around £10k, but that was us having a lot of extras including live band in Greece and back home.

The £725 package fee you speak of is (I think) pretty reasonable considering the amount of work the planners put into your big day. if this is the fee you saw on www.lindosweddings.co.uk, then remember this also includes visiting you in Britain too, which is something none of the other wedding planners offer. They take all the pressure from you and give you great advice and help with all your paperwork etc (this was a God send for us).

Whatever your plans though, they budget for all.

Good luck with your plans

Julie

x

wales
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi Julie ,

Thankyou for your post . I read about your wedding day it sounded amazing . Very gutted to hear it cost so much and that I won't be able to get anything near like yours. I would like the oat cruise , the meal and the tradiational greek dancing , with bit of music for us . Hmm maybe I should just do it all in hotel seems little bit cheaper that way.

I am sure the services worth the package as I am already sick of hunting round the internet to figure out where I want to go and read reviews.

My weddind ideas folder filling up lol .

I have only been to Cyprus in Potaras/ayia napa and found in very commercial. Was hoping to have wedding end of May if warm enough .

It doesn't bother some people to see so many crowds around them I don't mind few on lookers. What did you think about how busy Lindos was ? Did you see another bride on your wedding day ? Although by the sounds of your amazing day you proably to busy to notoice .

Also what did you think of the beaches and the variety of your wedding shots ? I would like some by rocks , some by sea and by som flowers/gardens maybe.

I keep dreaming about weddings and for some reason last night I just thought 30min isn't long enough to get your pictures in . Is there no way you can get longer taking pictures ?

Worry worry , stress , stress !!!

Thankyou for your reply .

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi Pheobe,

lol it is stressful isnt it!

Depending on when you decide to get married depends on how busy Lindos is. I reckon your time will be fairly busy, although I dont think that would take away your special day!

Apparently there was another bride on her way down to the church as I was at the beach having pictires taken, but so much of a fuss was being made over us, we never noticed!

You get half an hour for pics etc at the chapel (may be a bit longer now as you sign your paperwork there too now), but you can move onto the beach for more pictures.

Theres plenty of rocks around for pics with rocks. Ti give you an idea, have a look at my wedding pics on my webisite... (these arent the professional ones)

…weddingannouncer.com/welcome.html

Im sure whatever you decide to do, you'll have a fab day. You make it as expensive or as inexpensive as you like.

Good luck

Julie

x

wales
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

wow that's fab how did you create your own website what a good idea . Thankyou for sharing you looked amzing everyone looked so happy.

I was wanting lindos memories but now hmm maybe UI can't afford it . What timne of day did you marry? Did y9ou do boat cruise and did you stay in memories hotel.

So you have been to carribean then as I haven't been to many places in Europe I found Potaras bit commercial in ayia napa and want something cultural and to see the cobbled streets and greek houses not British named bars.

have you been to any of the other resorts in Rhodes that might be cheaper . I just need to decide do you think you need to visit or what Kindos what you imagined fronm pics.

Thanks Julei your 're very kind and helpful.

So lovely you got your dream wedding mine would be very simillar to yours just shame about money.

x x x

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi Pheobe,

we married at 5:30pm begining of October. If you're planning on getting married in July, I would suggest a late wedding as its just too hot during the day!

Thats another bonus with Lindos Weddings...they told me my date and time 1 year before. With some of the tour operators, you dont get your date and time till you're out there.

Yes we stayed at memories, but only for the wedding night. The rest of the holiday was spent at Lindos View.

When we first discovered Lindos (online), we flew out to see the place for ourselves before deciding if we wanted to marry there, but as soon as we saw the place, we fell in love with it. We met up with Lindos Weddings and made arrangements there and then!

By the time we got home, we had a message from Lindos Weddings advising us the date and time we wanted for the following year was booked for us! Thats service for you :)

I'm sure there are many other great places to have your special day, but for me it had to be Lindos!

Its really just down to personal choice.

xx

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi,

Just had to say I was there on Julies wedding day, she had been asking questions/advice on here and as I knew she was going to be getting married while I was on hols my friend and I made a point of poppong down to St Pauls to wish her all the best. She looked stunning as did her bridesmaids and everyone was so happy and excited!

Babs

manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi Phoebe

I lived in Rhodes for 5 years, and can recommend Lindos. St Pauls Bay is beautiful. Accommodation wise, if you are on a budget stay at the Lindos View, they are self catering apartments but have an roof terrace overlooking the village and they cater for wedding parties. Check out their website on www.lindosview.gr. or just google it.

Let me know if you need any more information, my friend is still the wedding coordinator for Thomson Holidays over there.

Hope you get sorted.

manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos or Kefalonia wedding ???

Hi Phoebe

I lived on Rhodes for 5 years and can wholly recommend Lindos. Check out the Lindos View Studios, they are beautiful self catering apartments with a rooftop restaurant overlooking the Acropolis and have started catering for weddings. Check out their website on www.lindosview.gr or just google it.

Hope you get sorted?