We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
16 posts
weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

hi all.i have just been reading some of the comments on weddings in lindos and can understand why people are getting fed up with the number of weddings held there.well some advice for anyone planning to get married on rhodes,why not look at getting married at the kalithea spa? this spa has just been recently renovated and is absaloutly stunning.my husband and i got married there on 4th july this year and we were lucky enough to be able to get permission to marry in the exhibition centre itself which is stunning(have a look at their website you will be impressed i bet).our wedding co-ordinator was florintina from aya weddings and she is very nice.we didnt have the convayer belt thing when wedding parties are waiting one after the other(ours was the only wedding)and we managed to have the exhibition centre to ourselves during the ceremony(which admittedly only takes around 5mins ) but we had plenty of time to take photographs and let out guests have a good look at the site.the spa is one o the most beautiful places on rhodes and because it has only been reopened since the end of last year not everyone knows you can get married there you can even book your reception there!the mayor of kalithea conducted our civil ceramony and we were gifted with two plaques,one brass and wood with the kalithea arms on it and a plexiglass one that holds kalithea stamps,both are lovely.i would recommend the spa to anyone who is looking for a beautiful location and florintina as a lovely wedding coordinatoe(and she doesnt cost the earth!)this spa has been used as a movie set many times over the years before it was left abandoned and we now can watch the movie escape to athena with roger moor ,telly savalas and david niven all wandering about OUR wedding venue,very weird,but wonderful!

England
Level Contributor
49 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

I suggest you post on the kalithea forum.

This may be more relevent.

People looking and getting married in Lindos have chosen this for a reason because of its beauty.

Im sure you comments will be looked at.

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
16 posts
2. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

for all those pople who seem to think i could be trashing any part of rhodes,i love rhodes,have been there many times and have enjoyed every minuit of being there,enough to get married there and hAVING A HONEYMOON THERE even though we had to book twice,. SO,i know lindos is great but hot,walked to top:,i know faliraki is also great(try sepp,lovely people decent food)i have no idea why the last post has happened other than someone has been funny.please anyone check out my proile.i had such a lovely wedding that i thought i would tell people on trip advisor about it,sorry had not realised this forum had got cliquish.must it be kalithea forum next?

Lindos
9 posts
3. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

Hi,

I don't think that the reply you received was attacking you in any way, it was just pointing out that you had posted your report on the wrong Forum. It's not about things on the Lindos Forum being ' Clique-ish', just pointing out the wrong place for a post about Kalithea.

Enjoy your honeymoon...maybe it will give you the chance to relax a little.

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

Picnicar, Congratulations! I am glad you had a wonderful wedding day and honeymoon, on the beautiful island of Rhodes. Enjoy married life! I do hope you will return ro Rhodes in the future and possibly consider staying Lindos as it is a stunning destination, but then I'm bias...lol.

I love the ides that in the past all those 'film stars' have wandered all over your wedding venue. I bet you have Escape To Athena on DVD now haven't you?, lol.

Babs

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
5. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

I think your post is very relevant...I'm sure some people who are looking to get married have never been to Rhodes or even Greece before and would appreciate another option to consider. Congratulations on your wedding!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
117 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

Hi Picnicar

Thanks Your information is really useful. We love Greece and especially Rhodes, so much so that we bought a place down there just south of Lindos. Some friends are coming out with us in October with a view to getting married there next September. However much we love Lindos I do tend to agree that the weddings have become a bit 'converyer belt'. I have been considering other locations to choose from, ie Filimeros and having visited Kalithea Spa last Autumn, I think that is certainly worth showing them. I doubt I would have thought of it without your post. I used to check the Rhodes forum, but found that Lindos had more posts on it, so now tend to check that. Any other advice re weddings would be gratefully received.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

congrats on your wedding picniccar.i,m getting married next july here to by aya.can you tell me a bit more about what happens when you arrive on the island ie do they meet you beforehand to discuss flowers ect.aya are a bit slow at getting back to me.i,m getting impatient coz i,m excited and want to know if i can buy favours over there ect or do i buy then take with me.your gifts sound nice a lovely little reminder of your day.

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
16 posts
8. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

hi there,congrats on getting married next year at the spa,you will not be dissapointed.aya weddings can be a bit slow but if you phone florintina,she will help you with any details you require.remember this is greece and they live at a diferent pace than we do,also its coming up to the end of the season so i would imagine that she will be mega busy.when we went over we took all our wedding stuff with us,i had only 12 guests so it was easy to take favours etc with me,i spent many a happy our on ebay finding perfect gifts for each of my guests!i also took artificial foam flowers but i know florintina can organise real flowers for you .we met with florintina after we had went out and looked at the spa and she came with her husband to our villa to sort last minute details a few days before the wedding.we were there 9 days before the actual wedding day.are you getting wed on the beach or in the rotunda? we got wed in the exabition centre itself but we had to get special permission for that,it was worth it though as the pics show.there is a new place just opened up for eating at the spa too if you want to have the reception there .we just had a very simple ceremony then went back to our villa for a barbeqe so i dont know what they charge or anything.on the day we had orginised taxis for our guests through friends on the island,so we had just the bridal car from aya.florintinas lovely husband drove us to the spa in the wedding car,then we had to wait for the mayor who was late!there was a short ceremony then lots of picture taking than back home.if you send me your email i will send you pics of the venue that are the most up to date you can get.good luck!

9. Re: weddings in kalithea spa(best kept secret!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations