We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

child friendly restaurants

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
child friendly restaurants

Hi, We are going to Kalathos on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good restaurants that are also child friendly in Kalathos/Lindos. We are a group of 4 adults and 2 little kids and an infant. We find some of the places my husband and I would like to eat are not that accomodating to little ones and we end up eating in places that we wouldn't consider if they were at home. Any thoughts are welcomed.

Mentioned in this post
Kalathos
Kalathos
Rhodes, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: child friendly restaurants

There is a very nice taverna in Kalathos called Stephanos Family Restaurant. It is just off the main road at the northern end of the village. They are very accomodating with Children.

We always make a point of visiting every year no matter where we are based in Rhodes. Have been visiting this restaurant for at least the last 10 years. Stephanos has become a good friend.

Mentioned in this post
Kalathos
Kalathos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
wales
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: child friendly restaurants

We went to Stephanos last week in Kalathos. I have to say were dissapointed. The restaurant smelled of raw sewerage and the food was expensive and dull. Stephano was however very friendly and picked lemons and oranges off the trees for our 8 year old son.

The cost of eating out in Greece has rocketed I'm afraid. The average cost of an evening meal for 2 adults and 1 child with a few drinks was 52 Euros. Stephano wanted 56 Euros for a meze for just 2 people. When it came there were no dips just dry brown food!

Maybe we were just unlucky.

Mentioned in this post
Kalathos
Kalathos
Rhodes, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Corby, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: child friendly restaurants

WE were in Lindos recently for our friends wedding and went out for dinner on a few occasions with our friends and their 2 year old son and all the restaurants we went to could not do enough for him. Ordering his food first so that he could start eating earlier and bringing him things. Try Ambrosia (George is wonderful), Marias (as previously mentioned) and Il Palezetto (we went there after our friends had been before and the little one kept going 'beep beep' when the waiter passed, our friends explained that the first time they had been the waiter kept pressing the little ones nose and saying beep beep and he had remembered)

So you will have no probs at all with kids

Enjoy

R x

rhodes
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: child friendly restaurants

You wont have a problem anywhere with your children, but as you are staying in Kalathos, Ostria restaurant, just a bit further on past the Atrium palace hotel (it is signposted) has a lovely sea view and a garden with childrens play equipment. Good greek food as well!

Mentioned in this post
Kalathos
Kalathos
Rhodes, Greece
15. Re: child friendly restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations