We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atrium Palace for little ones

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Atrium Palace for little ones

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or info about the beach at Atrium Palace in Rhodes. We have just booked to go there for a week in May and although the reviews of the hotel itself are great for the most part, anything negative is about the beach. We are travelling with our 5yr old, 3yr old and an infant. Naturally they want to build castles. I was wondering if the hotel beach isn't suitable for them is there any nearby that may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thornton, Lancashire
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

Hello

The beach at Atrium Palace is a shingle beach, nearby you have Lindos which has 3 sandy beaches and Pefkos also has a sandy beach too. Heading the other way back towards Haraki, there is Agathi Beach which is a very secluded and quiet beach, you would need a car though to get to Agathi.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Other than the one mentioned are the rest of the beaches within walking distance?I'm not sure if I want to try public transport with 3 kids, equally not sure about hiring a car, i.e. car seats. That said it would be such a shame not to sight see.

Thornton, Lancashire
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

No, none of the beaches are within walking distance. The Atrium Palace is sort of out of the main areas and you would have to get on public transport to get to them all.

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

There is a small sandy part of the beach at the rear of the hotel but is mostly shingle as mentioned.

The car hire place at the side of Atrium Palace provide car seats at no extra cost and you just have to fit them yourself. He is not the cheepest to rent a car off though.

Its worth having a car as you can go up to the waterpark at falaraki and visit loads of other great beaches around the coast.

Regards

Paul

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

Paul,

Thanks for your reply because i was just wondering about that. I know this is pushing it but are the car seats safe. The resaon I ask this is because we went to Cyprus one year and decided to rent a car with a baby seat for our oldest. At the time he was our only one. We refused the car seat they were going to provide because not only didn't it fit into the car it looked very unsafe and old. Having said that I don't know what the car seat laws in Cyprus were.

Thanks again.

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

They are as safe as you make them !! They give you the seat and we ha to fit it into the car. We hired from Avis at the airport and refused the 1st seat. As long as you strap and secure the seat and check the belts for the little one we found there is little more you can do. It can be a bit like the Krypton factor trying to fir the seat to the car. It was better than the alternate of holding our boy on our lap with a belt. You will love Atrium palace, we stayed there loads before buying a property near by in pylona.

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

Sorry about the spelling.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

Thanks,

We are looking forward to it. My husband and

I were in Rhodes before we were maried. Very low budget. We stayed in Falaraki but before it became party central, although it was on its way to it. We hired a moped and travelled to Lindos and Rhodes town. It completely blew us away. We are travelling with my parents this time and it would be great to sight see but if things are not safe I'm not sure I want to listen to my mother for week. It will be like I'm 14 again. I love her. I don't want that to happen!

Good luck with your house. I don't think you could have found more more beautiful place.

9. Re: Atrium Palace for little ones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 19, 2009