We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

3 posts
Save Topic
Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi everyone

So we booked our wedding for October 2018 for here in the UK but have now decided we want to get married in July 2018 in Lindos. We don't really know where to start although I have looked online and saw some reccomendatios for different wedding planners. I am after any helpful information and more reccomendations. We have looked at accommodation but I think booking the wedding so I have that date first would make more sense and then the actual holiday around it. We have 4 children ( 2 under 2 when we travel) so looking for as much help and info with this as possible and advice from people who have been married there. I have been into the travel agents and they recommended Cyprus but having been to Lindos when younger and also with my children I couldn't think of a more beautiful place. Wont be loads of us. Probably about 20ish all together and most people will come out when it suits them and not stay the whole 2 weeks besides my parents. Also any hotel recommendations etc and places for receptions after would be really appreciated as don't even know where to begin.

Thanks alot

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi.

2 based in lindos and English run which deal with all the paperwork and everything you need. Exclusivelylindos.com which also deal with accommodation in and around lindos and Lindosweddings. Both been in lindos many years.

Peter.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi, I got married at St Paul's in May 2015 and we booked through The Bridal Consultant, they were amazing and everything was organised brilliantly for us. They took away all of the stress and worry and the day went so well.

After the ceremony we took a champagne boat cruise to the reception venue at The Lindian Jewel on Vlycha beach which was beautiful.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,077 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

I would totally recommend going with a local agent rather than travel agent, a far more bespoke service. I'm not married but I've been to and seen several in Lindos now.

I agree, set the date first, get a few plans in place and then send out the invites with a little information on accommodation, flights, packages, etc. Let everyone book their own, for many of your guests it will be their main holiday, so encourage them to book what suits them.

And Lindos in July will be HOT so book the latest time possible.

Edited: 9:17 am, May 11, 2017
lancs
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi Maria.

We married at St Pauls Bay in June 2015, you have chosen a beautiful Setting, trust me.

We booked via Thomsons Holidays, due to the Short space of time we had to plan and wanted to deal locally.

Had we had a year plus, we would definitely have used one of the Lindos companies, We have walked passed the Lindos Weddings shop when in Lindos, it looks nice.

With The Thomson Staff we had better service from the Rhodes end than the UK end, Strange but True.

we had a wonderful day, Hot it was in June, So July will be Hotter, Dress for it,

Ps have Your Hubby to be or Best Man take a Nice Pen to Sign the Register, it may just be I have a thing about Pens, But BIC Pen does not look good on your Wedding Pictures. We had ours re done.

You have to be in Rhodes a Week before the Wedding, so you would be Married in the Second week, They give you a selection of dates / times available in the week concerned, and then try to obtain it for you.

The Weddings start at 4PM on - in July I would go for After 6PM.

If you need any other information, Message me.

Steve & Jackie

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi Maria. Congratulations. Please do not use a tour operator to book your wedding - they sell travel, not weddings and your "extras" will mount up considerably. Also, great advice from Steve & Jackie about the pen. Good luck.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi Maria, we married at Pauls' Bay in September 2014 - it was the best decision we ever made. We used a company called Lindos Weddings http://www.lindosweddings.co.uk/ - they were amazing, they arranged absolutely everything for us. They have been running for over 10 years now and their experience really shows. We has a small boat cruise around St Pauls after our ceremony (1pm) and then a stunning low key reception at the fabulous Melenos hotel. The options available to you are endless! We booked our own flights and accommodation rather than wasting money with a tour operator.

Caerphilly, Wales
Level Contributor
54 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Unforgettable Rhodes Weddings. They have a contact in the UK and when you arrive in Rhodes Justine takes over. They were absolutely fantastic definitely don't use a tour operator. If you chose Rhodes you will have a fantastic day.

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi.yes I have been speaking with Karen. The only thing we will struggle with is finding accomodation that fits room with 6... 2 adults and 4 children. Who did you have for your photographs. It will be very low key with about 14 of us if that as people can't afford to come but we were looking at £12000 for wedding here and with 4 young children it just isn't justifiable

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi Maria, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.....Have a look at Island Blue in Pefkos (5 mins from Lindos) they have 2 x bed apts that will cater for your needs, With Thomson holidays and voted best hotel on tripadvisor,,, They have there own wedding planner, Lovely English lady called Louise and do weddings at St Pauls too. We used them for our wedding and could not fault anything everything was included from translations to favours etc and at a fantastic price... Louise keeps in constant touch by email or phone and is always there to advise, They even have there own restaurant with a private upper floor for wedding receptions all fully dressed at no extra charge. Have a look at there website and good luck, maria x

weddingsinblue.gr

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weddings at St Paul in Lindos 2018 Help and advice plz!!!

Hi Maria,

We head to Lindos on 3rd June (47 of us!) for our upcoming wedding on 12th June at St Pauls. We booked our day through Lindos Weddings who have been very good. We had a consultation with them in Lindos last summer, along with a further consultation in Manchester in November. Lots of email correspondence with Karen making changes / numerous queries have all been dealt with in a timely manner & more importantly without any issue! We have a further meeting with LW when we arrive on 5th June to further run through the day & also head to the reception venue to close out anything not yet agreed.

I'd definitely recommend them based on the service we have received to date!

Good luck in whatever you decide!