We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ronda to Jerez - logistics (Cadiz_Lover?)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ronda to Jerez - logistics (Cadiz_Lover?)

Since it turns out we will be missing the Horse Fair due to the provisional dates being changed, I am still trying to organize my horse fix in Andalucia. In addition to the Royal Equestrian School I found this: yeguadacartuja.com/sabados_en_la_yeguada.php

They have shows on Saturday starting at 11. How long does it take to get from Ronda to Jerez via public transportation and would this be doable? I need to get the website translated but I know enough Spanish to make out some basic info. It sounds like it is fairly close to the city?

Any information from those familiar with the area would be greatly appreciated.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,790 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ronda to Jerez - logistics (Cadiz_Lover?)

The Yeguada web site is also in English - just click on the flag (Union Jack) on top right.

You also need to be aware that this attraction is outside Jerez and you will need a taxi or car to get there.

This is the map shown on the web site showing directions from Jerez.

www.yeguadacartuja.com/llegar/jerez.html

This is Trip Advisor reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g227869-d3…

Ask any more Qs you may have.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,790 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ronda to Jerez - logistics (Cadiz_Lover?)

Oh and I forgot to say that Ronda to Jerez by bus is at least 2 1/2 hours so a previous night in Jerez may be necessary if no car. Bus times from Ronda are shown here:

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_16.htm

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ronda to Jerez - logistics (Cadiz_Lover?)

Thank you so much, very helpful.

Yes, I did interpret the bus schedule looks like our only option for Saturday is 5 in the evening so we will have to either go one day short in Ronda or skip the Yeguada - I expect a taxi would be out of the question for expense.

Our itinerary is four nights each in Seville, Ronda, Jerez and Cadiz.

I will probably have many other questions as it gets closer - in following this forum I take you to be the local expert!

4. Re: Ronda to Jerez - logistics (Cadiz_Lover?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, December 14, 2013