We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't figure this out, Jerez to granada

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Can't figure this out, Jerez to granada

Hi, we are checking out in Seville on the 30th of July and booked to check in at a hotel in Granada the same day. Due my NOT so careful planning this is also the only day that we can do the Royal School of Equestrian art in Jerez. We are depending on public transport so how can I get to Jerez by 10 to see the School and then get to Granada with our 2 pack packs before evening?

If there is transport available to Jerez and then to Granada, is there a place to leave our packs in Jerez while we tour the school?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't figure this out, Jerez to granada

According to what I see in the buses schedules and routes, you'll have to return to Sevilla in order to catch the bust to Granada. There are no direct connections between Jerez and Granada that I can find.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,460 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't figure this out, Jerez to granada

The CADIZ bus operator TG COMES does the bus from Cadiz to Granada passing by Jerez then Seville then Granada leaving Jerez at 1pm and not arriving into Granada until 17.45.

The bus station at Jerez is next to the train station and about 10 to 15 minutes tops taxi ride from the Real Escuela.

See COMES:

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_5.htm

and

http://www.movelia.es/en/

Or if that is too early you could take the Media Distancia MD train from Jerez and get off at Dos Hermanas and take the MD train originating at Seville that goes to Granada.

There is a MD train out of Jerez on a Thursday at 14.38 that arrives at Dos Hermanas at 15.30 then take the Granada train leaving at 16.00 arriving Granada at 19.10.

Not sure about best place to leave back packs in Jerez as there is no locker storage at bus or train station. I would think that you could leave them them at the Real Escuela .

But maybe the better idea for comfort could be to deposit the bags at Santa Justa station before your train down to Jerez and collect them later prior to taking the 16.00 train out of Santa Justa for Granada. In which case take the earlier train from Jerez at 13.39 that gets you to Santa Justa at 14.46 leaving you time for a bite at the station before your 4pm train.

You could take the 14.38 train mentioned earlier but frankly it leaves little leeway for collecting bags etc at Santa Justa because arrives into Santa Justa at 15.45.

Edited: 3:38 am, May 21, 2012
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't figure this out, Jerez to granada

Thank you both, I think we will go to Jerez as a day trip from Seville while we are staying in Seville. That way there is no rush and on the 30th we will spend time in Seville before taking the train to Granada. And as a last option I can still do as Cadiz says.

4. Re: Can't figure this out, Jerez to granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, June 22, 2013